+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

St Mirren

Massive match tomorrow.

We have 3 matches now that were always going to be important and which are winnable.

Also we need to stop the slide after the last couple of bad performances.

A lot being asked of Mellon and his squad

Probably quite good that with St Mirren we know this will be a battle. Spirit as important as skill

Great time now to have Shanks back and let’s hope he can win it for us

I think from those available could go

Benji
    Freeman Edwards Reynolds Robson
    Bolton Harkes Butcher McMullan
    Clark
    Shankland

Shankland plays well with Clark so I think those two up top

Pawlett been poor of late and hope Mcmullan comes in for him or sporle who tbf did well as a sub at ibrox

Come on United !!

Probably being overly pessimistic but I find it hard, based on our previous home performances, to see us winning this match.

With Shanks back, I'm hopeful we will offer more up top than we have done recently.

But our defence needs to keep it much tighter than they have done. A couple of 4-0 scuddings must have affected confidence somewhat.

I'm not overly pessimistic, but I'm definitely apprehensive. If we don't match St Mirren in every respect, then defeat IS a likely outcome.

Micky will have the game plan. The players need to be smart and deliver a good team performance.

... are getting pumped.

Bit too negative generally recently on here. Last 3 games were against the old firm so we can discount for now and an admittedly terrible display v Killie but we will have a few dotted about the season. Overall still not a bad start and a win tomorrow, at home, v one of the smaller clubs, puts us in a decent position. Shankland back, signings will come, I'm looking forward to it.

Chalmers, Sporle & Shanks all back in for this apparently. The manager certainly likes Chalmers. Would personally like to see Sporle get a wee run in the team. He offers something a bit different going forward, albeit he could do with working on his defensive game.

Will be interesting to see our approach in these more winnable home games. Chalmers has great feet, see Clark goal v County, skillful player, but not influenced/been involved enough in the games he has started so far for me. I think St Mirren will be pretty steady this season, seem to have signed quite a lot of established SPL players, can see them finish mid table. Think come full time we will still be looking for our first home win. 1-1 (shanks)

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Probably being overly pessimistic but I find it hard, based on our previous home performances, to see us winning this match.
    you need a night out in the ferry to cheer you up Terry

Speaking of the Ferry any recommendations for watching in the pub?

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    you need a night out in the ferry to cheer you up Terry
    A night out in Jollys, sounds great. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    A night out in Jollys, sounds great. 😂
    It's all the 'out of towners' that drink in Jolly's anyway, so I'm sure you'd fit in well. 👍🏼🍻

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)