+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: St Mirren

Quote Originally Posted by tijuanataxi View Post
    Relegation. Could niver spell.
    Me tae.... "goin'doon" sounds better , ask Peter

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Well deserved victory but yet again we conceded a terrible goal against 10 men and it changed the game from a comfortable 4-0 to a narrow 2-1.It was similar to the ST Johnstone game when again playing 10 men we conceded another needless goal which totally changed the flow of the game.

On both occasions its our centre half's who have the chance to put the ball in the stand but instead set up the goals for our opponents,ST Mirren were dead and buried at that point but we gave them a lifeline.We played some really good stuff at the start of the 2nd half and it would have been a travesty if we had finished with only a point.
    Absolutely spot on Gunboat! My brother was round watching the game with me, and both of us said the same thing!!! The players need to better understand game management!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Don't think it is harsh at all. He is a great player, and trust me , I have watched him numerous times and nothing he does surprises me. It might be down to team tactics, but in some games it can seem like he isn't on the park.

Unless we sign Duncan Ferguson again , there is really no need to just lump it up the park anyway.

Considering we had numerous players out and a few playing in their not preferred positions I thought they played quite well.

Great to see that losing a couple doesn't upset the balance too much.

Gless still half ful
    TBF when we had Duncan playing I remember we lumped it forward too much and it didn’t work for us even then 😂

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    TBF when we had Duncan playing I remember we lumped it forward too much and it didn’t work for us even then 😂
    To be fair................ yir fu**ing right

A shining light in a day that has not gone my way today, but small battles n all that!

I thought we played very well, up until they went down to 10 men and we didnt go for the kill. What a goal from Shanks, and Sporle for me should keep that left berth for a wee while as there is a player there. How many goals has he scored when played in that position?

Need to give a mention to Edwards. I've been quite critical of him so far but I thought he was excellent today.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Need to give a mention to Edwards. I've been quite critical of him so far but I thought he was excellent today.
    Totally agree Terry.

Reassuring that he showed he can do a job at this level.

We actually withstood a bit of pressure today. Reynolds was good too apart from his uncharacteristic error

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    A shining light in a day that has not gone my way today, but small battles n all that!

I thought we played very well, up until they went down to 10 men and we didnt go for the kill. What a goal from Shanks, and Sporle for me should keep that left berth for a wee while as there is a player there. How many goals has he scored when played in that position?
    Bang on!!

how many has Pawlett scored in the same position?

Pawlett imo is a sub at best,legs gone fit or not.

Funny how ROBSON HAD A GOOD GAME AGAIN,MAYBE BECAUSE HE HAD HELP IN FRONT OF HIM THE WHOLE GAME

Well done Utd but gotta stop the stupid mistakes at the back,only get away with that so many times in this league

Quote Originally Posted by Eamons_lost_wig_04 View Post
    Bang on!!

how many has Pawlett scored in the same position?

Pawlett imo is a sub at best,legs gone fit or not.

Funny how ROBSON HAD A GOOD GAME AGAIN,MAYBE BECAUSE HE HAD HELP IN FRONT OF HIM THE WHOLE GAME

Well done Utd but gotta stop the stupid mistakes at the back,only get away with that so many times in this league
    Can't understand why Pawlett is still getting a game. His decision making and passing is poor at times. Probably get shot for suggesting it but Andy Halliday is technically still a free agent, although rumoured to be close to signing for Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    What amazes me is how bad some of these teams are. Can't believe how worried I was at the start of the season. I really thought we would be getting well beaten by these kind of teams. Obviously we need to strengthen still but I really don't fear any teams in this league, apart from the obvious.
    This 100%, we all would like additional quality and there are obvious priority areas in the team - centre halves and midfield- I have no reason to doubt Utd will do that but, apart from the obvious top 4, I wouldn't swap our championship squad who have 10 points with any other Premier squad.

These other squads have had a head start recruitment wise but quality wise on the pitch they are not great, and don't have the funds to get much better, their fate long term will be battling in bottom 6.
    Mickey is setting us up to play football and doing that mainly with youngsters who ideally would have been eased into our 1st season back. These youngsters are building in confidence and will learn game management. Long term, we are being set up to battle in top 6.
    That may or may not happen this season depending on recruitment and brain farts, but I am confident we have enough to finish 10th or better this year with a thumbs up to higher expectations for future ones.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)