+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jota off to Liverpool?

Jota off to Liverpool?

Being reported that Jota is being lined up for a move to Liverpool. Perhaps that is why he wasn't on the bench last night. If he does go I hope we get a substantial fee for him.

We are being linked with an 18 year old defender from Liverpool Ki-Jana Hoever, a fee of £10 million being mentioned.

Fee for Jota rumored to be around 35 million. If that's true, I think that's a pretty solid move by the club. I like Jota and he's scored some wonderful goals for us, but I don't think he's nearly as ***** or tough to replace as say, Jimenez. I think it'd be solid business for both clubs. 130+ matches and 40+ goals in a Wolves shirt.

I have to say I'm stunned and amazed, both the Liverpool would be interested and that we want to sell a play to sell a player of a quality that Liverpool would be interested in. I'm just thinking back (and certainly NOT drawing comparisons...) but may be the the last player we sold to Liverpool was Alun Evans and Liverpool went on to defeat us 6 - 0. Not sure AE played much for Liverpool after that ....

I'm not hugely surprised to be honest. Good money which hopefully will not be wasted. I wish him the best but I can't really see him as a Liverpool player. Time will tell.

Surprised and slightly disappointed. He proved to be a most reliable servant while at Wolves and I certainly hope he can make a smooth transition into the ranks at Liverpool. That said, I'm still not sure he has enough to become a regular game 'starter' for the Reds....we'll just have to wait and see, won't we ?

The fee appears to be £41 million with add on's taking it to £45 Million. However, it sounds like only an initial payment of a few million will be paid with the bulk being paid later. FFP ?????

Quote Originally Posted by abbobrom View Post
    The fee appears to be £41 million with add on's taking it to £45 Million. However, it sounds like only an initial payment of a few million will be paid with the bulk being paid later. FFP ?????
    Must be FFP.

Another surprising sale? Jota and Doc have been key players for the last few years, sad to see them go. I guess when Liverpool knock on the door there’s only one outcome, especially with an ambitious young player like Jota. Can’t see him being more than a bit player in the short term.

More worrying in away is the effect on squad morale if those who come in aren’t of the same quality. This may turn into a difficult season!

The signing of Hoever now confirmed, he can play right or centre back and looks an excellent prospect. Jota the other way imminent but not confirmed.

According to E&S hack Tim Spiers selling Jota was decided in the summer as Nuno tries to move us on from being a counter attacking side. Nuno’s right in this change of approach in my opinion as focusing on counter attacking football means conceding too much possession.

There are very few certainties in life, but I have to say that the departures from Molineux have, to me at least, been both surprising and disappointing. I wish both players well, but I can't see Jota playing much more for L'pool than he did for Wolves, so "reflected glory", perhaps. I can perfectly understand his probable frustration (at not playing regularly) for Wolves as we do appear to have an ample attacking force.

Talking of [now] ex players, Costa scored twice for Fulham Today. The first was an absolute blinder. Good for him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)