+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris & The Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    No real world evidence masks work anyway. Even our own Government confirm this. They were imposed for political reasons. Remember many are exempt from wearing face coverings and they cannot be challenged to do so. Spain have been using face coverings for months and their infection rates are quite high.
    Great we should cough on each other more.

Why can't they be challenged. When France went into lockdown you needed a online form to show to travel. If you have a medical reason show that. I don't want people coughing by me or on the produce I want to buy. Have a special hour for all those who don't need a mask.

They cannot be challenged because the law passed has no teeth.

And I think you'll find the who has now recommended masks and if it stops one death why would you be a selfish c??? And not wear one?

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post

Why can't they be challenged. When France went into lockdown you needed a online form to show to travel. If you have a medical reason show that. I don't want people coughing by me or on the produce I want to buy. Have a special hour for all those who don't need a mask.

And I think you'll find the who has now recommended masks and if it stops one death why would you be a selfish c??? And not wear one?

The failure of the scientific literature to support medical masks for influenza and all other viruses, is also why Fauci, the US Surgeon bloke and WHO, and pretty much every infectious disease expert have stated that wearing masks won't prevent transmission of SARS CoV-2. Although WHO later changed their recommendations, the science did not change, nor did new science appear that supported the wearing of masks in public not at the highest available evidence. In fact, the most recent analysis once again confirms that masks are ineffective in preventing the transmission of viruses like Covid https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

The Equalities Act allows those to claim exemption that is why folk cannot be challenged. The risk that the wearing of face coverings will also likely increase viral transmission due to fannying about with it, touching it, adjusting it etc then chucking it on the pavement. Potential harms to the wearer have also been highlighted including exhaustion, headaches, facial dermatitis, hypoxia and dehydration.

There are also those with some mental health difficulties who are likely to find that face coverings increase their emotional distress like panic attacks, thoughts of suffocation Also, some have had physical and s3xual assaults, that involved some form of smothering or a hand over the mouth, this may trigger ‘flashbacks’ of the trauma by the physical sensation of a mask.

I've just come down to Tenby for the weekend BB.

Suddenly the locals are now all wearing masks..........a month ago I was down here and they were oblivious.

Today the Welsh First Minister is giving our government a kicking over their handling of things!

You couldn't make this stuff up, each devolved nation making it up as they go along.

This should be treated as a national emergency and devolved power pushed to one side........there's too many fragmented messages from central government and all corners of Great Britain.

Politicians are almost completely useless, we'd probably better off in the hands of a group of "Super Brains" like Bill Gates,Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk than clowns like Hancock.

I couldn't agree more Mick we are certainly being led by clowns. This whole wretched Government is so mediocre it's untrue

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    There is plenty of evidence that the wearing of masks slows down the rate of transmission among people...Early days and there were concerns about masks for hospital staff let alone telling everybody to wear one...but months later and the evidence does indicate in the early asymptomatic stages of the disease...when you carry the greatest load virus wise...masks do prevent transmission. Studies have been carried out that show clearly viral load peaks in the days before symptoms begin and that actually just speaking to someone is enough to expel virus-carrying droplets.
    So the debate about masks is over.....however....if for whatever reason a person doesn't want to wear one....they will find a reason for sure..
    Spot on as usual Dubs, masks help reduce viral load shed, wear one in any confined space and if you see someone not wearing one challenge them, this and washing your hands are all we have as a defence until we get a vaccine!

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    The failure of the scientific literature to support medical masks for influenza and all other viruses, is also why Fauci, the US Surgeon bloke and WHO, and pretty much every infectious disease expert have stated that wearing masks won't prevent transmission of SARS CoV-2. Although WHO later changed their recommendations, the science did not change, nor did new science appear that supported the wearing of masks in public not at the highest available evidence. In fact, the most recent analysis once again confirms that masks are ineffective in preventing the transmission of viruses like Covid https://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/26/5/19-0994_article

The Equalities Act allows those to claim exemption that is why folk cannot be challenged. The risk that the wearing of face coverings will also likely increase viral transmission due to fannying about with it, touching it, adjusting it etc then chucking it on the pavement. Potential harms to the wearer have also been highlighted including exhaustion, headaches, facial dermatitis, hypoxia and dehydration.

There are also those with some mental health difficulties who are likely to find that face coverings increase their emotional distress like panic attacks, thoughts of suffocation Also, some have had physical and s3xual assaults, that involved some form of smothering or a hand over the mouth, this may trigger ‘flashbacks’ of the trauma by the physical sensation of a mask.
    You don't be seeming to grasp this, do you?

You legislate overriding any clashing legislation as we are fu? Ced, emergency measures.

This act says you cannot challenge them, what a load of boll ux. Your giving a defence to any sm art a rse lying c unt. Why legislate if no intention to enforce.

We all watch the news and that touching your face bull s hit at the start was used so everyone didn't buy them straightaway as they were needed as ppi.

The government is inept, gutless and sadly useless.

While I don't think that this government have done a good job over this pandemic, I am not convinced that the opposition would have done any better. To my mind, a co-alition government would have been advantageous as that would have removed any political aspects to the problem. It is also ridiculous that the individual countries have different rules and regulations. A common approach would have made it much easier for the public to follow the instructions. You do really wonder at the lack of ability and common sense shown by our politicians of all persuasions. I feel that we have been badly let down by those in charge.

I’m not sure there are any better options, irrespective of any Political bias.
    Even the medical experts disagree and, understandably change their opinion and advice as experience of this new virus develops.
    The absence of strong enforcement is disappointing, but not unsurprising.
    Despite the inevitable economic effect, I would support a national lockdown.

You don't be seeming to grasp this, do you?

You legislate overriding any clashing legislation as we are fu? Ced, emergency measures.

This act says you cannot challenge them, what a load of boll ux. Your giving a defence to any sm art a rse lying c unt. Why legislate if no intention to enforce.

We all watch the news and that touching your face bull s hit at the start was used so everyone didn't buy them straightaway as they were needed as ppi.

The government is inept, gutless and sadly useless.
    The whole regulation on mask wearing cannot be enforced. The Government know this so they threaten to fine you at ever increasing amounts. The Equality Act will not be changed. If they tried it it would be defeated as it would need to be debated. Currently this crazy Government just tag on rafts of conflicting regs onto the Public Health Act via Statutory instrument.

Those who flout the regulation on not wearing a mask covering can do so whether we like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Spot on as usual Dubs, masks help reduce viral load shed, wear one in any confined space and if you see someone not wearing one challenge them, this and washing your hands are all we have as a defence until we get a vaccine!
    I'm intrigued as to how you would 'challenge them'?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)