+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Boris & The Pandemic

Boris & The Pandemic

I don't dislike Boris, but his handling of the pandemic is shambolic. Too slow from of the off - mixed messages over the do's and do not's and Dominic Cummings getting his eyes tested in Barnard Castle.

Now apparently the virus can't get you in certain towns/cities after 10pm because everything will be closing. You can't make it up!

Stop dithering Boris - make a decision!!! Either go with herd immunity ( or similar ) or shut down all pubs and hammer people protesting, at raves, in groups, and being total knobs, as they do in other countries. One or the other but half measures are laughable!

230 deaths in Spain tells you the second wave is coming so the buffoon does need to act and be decisive. Personally, I can't see the economy surviving another lock down so do we need to accept many will die! Many elderly ( over 80's ) now refuse to wear masks or stop seeing family which I get - as views seem to be - they could drop anytime anyway!

If the second wave does come at least we will go some weekend's without losing, if football were to stop again. Some of our players could put their feet up!

Any thoughts?

Most know I’m usually a Tory voter.

I thought we locked down two weeks too late initially.

Rishi Sunak has done well since day one I think.

Matt Hancock is a inept and bumbling liar and I’ve said this from day one. A shifty and deeply unlikeable t w a t.

To not have a proper track and trace system after six months and to have these disjointed and mind bending tactics across the U.K. is a scandal.

I think the Tory's were dealt a terrible hand but they’ve played it awfully over the piece.

I’d seriously consider voting for a competent Labour Party next time around if Boris doesn’t sort this s h I t show out Tout Suite!

Boris is an absolute useless c???.

Masks in shop is law yet he allows tesco etc etc to say we're not going to enforce.

Then you thick c??? You shift the burden on to all shops with a high rateable value who can afford to police it.

It is spreading again because selfish b astard are not being made to wear masks and socially distance.

This government was given a lot of slack by me because it was unprecedented, but it has no fuc King backbone it yields at every turn whether it be exam results or enforcement.

Has any c??? Been fined for not wearing a mask in a shop?

What is the point of legislating and then not enforcing.

I really don't understand why you don't dislike the buffoon Al, the opportunist is clearly out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Boris is an absolute useless c???.

Masks in shop is law yet he allows tesco etc etc to say we're not going to enforce.

Then you thick c??? You shift the burden on to all shops with a high rateable value who can afford to police it.

It is spreading again because selfish b astard are not being made to wear masks and socially distance.

This government was given a lot of slack by me because it was unprecedented, but it has no fuc King backbone it yields at every turn whether it be exam results or enforcement.

Has any c??? Been fined for not wearing a mask in a shop?

What is the point of legislating and then not enforcing.

I really don't understand why you don't dislike the buffoon Al, the opportunist is clearly out of his depth.

To be clearer - I didn’t dislike him when he came to power but he’s shown what a complete inept tosser he is and have grown to dislike him for the pathetic way he’s handled this pandemic. For a private education he’s had - I can’t understand why my 11 year old is better at public speaking than this bumbling idiot!

Boris and Trump are two of a kind - both complete idiots. Never voted Labour but can see Starmer doing well

No real world evidence masks work anyway. Even our own Government confirm this. They were imposed for political reasons. Remember many are exempt from wearing face coverings and they cannot be challenged to do so. Spain have been using face coverings for months and their infection rates are quite high.

The level of dissatisfaction with Johnson & Hancock is at a level I don't think we have seen in a long time, at the start he was leading the message and now he is mostly doing a disappearing act. He's making it easy for Starmer (Captain Hindsight) who doesn't have to think too deeply to hold this bunch to account, it is still an emerging situation but where is the common sense? IMO he doesn't want to force a lockdown as letting people go about their business some of the time allows him to blame them for the spread.

I cannot abide the snotty public school elite types that consider themselves to be a cut above the rest of us and are never prepared to hold their hands up & admit to mistakes until they've nowhere to hide. Williamson should have walked or forced to resign, speaks volumes about the way things are in Westminster.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    No real world evidence masks work anyway. Even our own Government confirm this. They were imposed for political reasons. Remember many are exempt from wearing face coverings and they cannot be challenged to do so. Spain have been using face coverings for months and their infection rates are quite high.
    There is plenty of evidence that the wearing of masks slows down the rate of transmission among people...Early days and there were concerns about masks for hospital staff let alone telling everybody to wear one...but months later and the evidence does indicate in the early asymptomatic stages of the disease...when you carry the greatest load virus wise...masks do prevent transmission. Studies have been carried out that show clearly viral load peaks in the days before symptoms begin and that actually just speaking to someone is enough to expel virus-carrying droplets.
    So the debate about masks is over.....however....if for whatever reason a person doesn't want to wear one....they will find a reason for sure..

Last edited by Dubbag; 18-09-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Or this one...there are lots of research evidence being compiled and lots know about masks in general...
    This piece is a good read also....
    Community Use Of Face Masks And COVID-19: Evidence From A Natural Experiment Of State Mandates In The US
    https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10...aff.2020.00818

We cannot live like this forever though whoever is in charge.

1/ Build the NHS capacity to deal with respiratory cases ( Covid etc )

2/ Train the number of nurses and doctors required to cope with the numbers.

3/ People at risk and their close families to take personal responsibility.

4/ Test,track and trace with testing available in EVERY town.

Personally I think this is all a no brainer regardless of expense.

Life in its present form is a pale shadow of what most of us are used to and I still maintain we are protecting our health provision rather than people.

All this to protect 0.03% of the population who are most at risk.

SPEND THE MONEY ON WHAT IS NEEDED TO SUPPORT THE SITUATION AND STOP F U C K I N G ABOUT WITH THESE P I S S POOR HALF MEASURES!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)