+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lack of anything from Garlic,

The Lack of anything from Garlic,

Yes I Know ,...We never get any info on Takeovers or Transfers.... Re Garlic
    What we get is Sean His passion , and commitment , But the trouble is , Hes on about 2.5 million a year ,...:
    Nice little earner if you can one,..

What the Phook is Garlic doing ?
    He is in , Way over his head imo !!!

And I think he will take us down , Back to where he feels comfortable ..
    As i said he will be one of the most Hated Chairman in Clarets History.....

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    What we get is Sean His passion , and commitment , But the trouble is , Hes on about 2.5 million a year ,...:

Nip back to the quack and ask him to either modify or increase your medication bfcjon.

It certainly takes a lot to do worse than Bob Lord Jon, but Garlick is certainly trying his best.

Dyche has obviously been saying to Garlick and his board in all their meetings, of which I'm sure they occur monthly for the last 2/3 seasons.

Obviously they have not acted on what Sean has said to them, so in a cryptic way Dyche (rightly or wrongly) has publicly told anyone that would listen that his hands are tied (Maybe that's Dyches way of saying why when he does (if he does) leave).

We will never know what really happens in the dark corridors of Turf Moor, but certain things stand out to me.

(1) I don't think Wells was a Sean Dyche signing, if he was why was he never used ?

(2) I don't think Vydra was a Sean Dyche signing, as again at the beginning he was hardly used.

(3) Loan signings, why do we get them as they are always on the bench and never hardly used.

(4) We are constantly told we cannot compete (with Clubs on a simular footing as us) with the cost of home grown players, this has been rammed down our throats for many a year, so why have we not looked abroad ? we have known the problem for years yet dont act on it.

(5) Mike Rigg, I said as he was brought in, he did nothing at Man City, Q P R and Fulham yet we employ him, why ? "Crouch was good business for the team" ? You are a prick pal.

(6) Another mantra every year is that we do our transfer business at the end of the window, is that because we are left with the dregs that nobody else wants, like the pathetic Grosetski affair, the amateur loan of Drinkwater, not to mention the past it or ordinary players of Lennon, Bamford, Walters etc etc.

(7) Nobody has mentioned the regular players at BFC, they see it every year with no real effort to improve the team, they must be just as disillusioned as us lot with the lack of strenghtening, so I cannot really blame Tarky (maybe more) wanting away from a Club not wanting to at least try and compete.

(8) I keep saying it every year, its an ageing squad and the longer you leave it the harder and more expensive it is to rectify.

(9) Its obscene what PL Footballers earn nowadays, but Garlick has to understand that if you don't try and move with the times you will disapear sooner or later.

(10) I really would like to know if fans were allowed in for home games how they would react with the situation, IMO I think 80% would be on Sean Dyche's side and maybe chanting about it.

(11) Some saying the so called takeover (from 2 USA parties) is causing the signing of players to stall, for me if any takeover is true, its just another red herring by our Board.

(12) The only words from Garlick in all this is a standard address to the supporters which said nothing we already knew.

I could go on Jon, but most on this board understand that something has been drastically wrong at our Club for a while now, yet here we are again without any signings, with the added knowledge that whatever is wrong nothing seems to be happening to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Nip back to the quack and ask him to either modify or increase your medication bfcjon.
    I'm sure that comment is tongue in cheek BT, If you cannot see that even if we are in the dark, there is something stinking at our Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    It certainly takes a lot to do worse than Bob Lord Jon, but Garlick is certainly trying his best.

Dyche has obviously been saying to Garlick and his board in all their meetings, of which I'm sure they occur monthly for the last 2/3 seasons.

Obviously they have not acted on what Sean has said to them, so in a cryptic way Dyche (rightly or wrongly) has publicly told anyone that would listen that his hands are tied (Maybe that's Dyches way of saying why when he does (if he does) leave).

We will never know what really happens in the dark corridors of Turf Moor, but certain things stand out to me.

(1) I don't think Wells was a Sean Dyche signing, if he was why was he never used ?

(2) I don't think Vydra was a Sean Dyche signing, as again at the beginning he was hardly used.

(3) Loan signings, why do we get them as they are always on the bench and never hardly used.

(4) We are constantly told we cannot compete (with Clubs on a simular footing as us) with the cost of home grown players, this has been rammed down our throats for many a year, so why have we not looked abroad ? we have known the problem for years yet dont act on it.

(5) Mike Rigg, I said as he was brought in, he did nothing at Man City, Q P R and Fulham yet we employ him, why ? "Crouch was good business for the team" ? You are a prick pal.

(6) Another mantra every year is that we do our transfer business at the end of the window, is that because we are left with the dregs that nobody else wants, like the pathetic Grosetski affair, the amateur loan of Drinkwater, not to mention the past it or ordinary players of Lennon, Bamford, Walters etc etc.

(7) Nobody has mentioned the regular players at BFC, they see it every year with no real effort to improve the team, they must be just as disillusioned as us lot with the lack of strenghtening, so I cannot really blame Tarky (maybe more) wanting away from a Club not wanting to at least try and compete.

(8) I keep saying it every year, its an ageing squad and the longer you leave it the harder and more expensive it is to rectify.

(9) Its obscene what PL Footballers earn nowadays, but Garlick has to understand that if you don't try and move with the times you will disapear sooner or later.

(10) I really would like to know if fans were allowed in for home games how they would react with the situation, IMO I think 80% would be on Sean Dyche's side and maybe chanting about it.

(11) Some saying the so called takeover (from 2 USA parties) is causing the signing of players to stall, for me if any takeover is true, its just another red herring by our Board.

(12) The only words from Garlick in all this is a standard address to the supporters which said nothing we already knew.

I could go on Jon, but most on this board understand that something has been drastically wrong at our Club for a while now, yet here we are again without any signings, with the added knowledge that whatever is wrong nothing seems to be happening to make it better.
    I could not agree more Alto.

I'm sure that comment is tongue in cheek BT, If you cannot see that even if we are in the dark, there is something stinking at our Club.
    aye Alto ..Its the smell of Garlic ..

I Totally agree Alto,..I am really fed up of the usual Bullsh!t , about punching above our weight, Little old Burnley rubbish.
    Nobody is asking to Bankrupt our club,..But Surely We could afford to take a calculated gamble you would think.
    He just seems hell bent on taking us down.
    I really do wonder, if we would ever get to know any information about the alleged takeover from our Chairman?
    I can really only see one outcome this coming season, and it sure as hell is not going to be going for a top 10 spot, even he cannot have so much luck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    BT I have my opinion, and this is what this message board should be about?
    You might not agree , and I certainly do not agree with some of your rubbish , But I would not make such a childish remark about it!

Its very hard to disagree with anything you have said.

The difficulties we have in trying to understand the club's mentality is in its outcome BUT you never hear the other side of the story which could put a completely different slant on the situation.

Does SD veto prospective new players?
    Does the club interview quite a few new players who eventually choose not to sign for us?
    Do Agents put too high a price on players wages?
    Do clubs we approach set transfer fees that are unacceptable?

What is true is that from a players perspective you run yourself into the ground each year and shorten your playing career without any chance of winning anything. You just do it for Burnley, for wages and bonusses.

We are not an attractive team to watch.

We don't have the biggest stage to walk on and strut our stuff.

Yes, there are International opportunities from playing in the EPL with Burnley but from Ireland; Iceland and the occasional sitting on the English bench.

None of my comments help us but it is another view.

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post

He has backed Sean with his request for £15 million that was chucked at Gawthorpe to turn it into the Barnfield Centre.

McNeil, Dunne and Benson whether you like it or not, have broken into the First Team Squad from the Development Squad, so something is working, is it not?

This obsession you share with Alto and a lot of other Burnley fans is the belief he is out of his depth. We finished in tenth position after 38 games in the EPL last season and the club ain't going broke.

If I had just landed in Burnley on a Starship from Mars and saw Barnfield, looked at the accounts, so no debt on the books, realised all major assets are paid for and looked at where we finished last season, I would quite reasonably think, "Phuck me, this lot have one bloody good custodian at the Chairman's table".

Incidentally do you think Messrs Holt, Flood, Nelson, Kilby, Crabb & Banaszkiewicz are all out of there depth too?

We also have a globally renowned University of Football Business which was instigated under the watch of our Chairman.

On quiet reflection he does not appear to be too far out of his depth to me.

Perhaps our Chairman needs to tell Dyche to stop whinging and get on with his phucking job and leave the rest to him?

But please don't let your anti-Garlick obsession get in the way of the facts eh bfcjon.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)