+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Artists/bands you saw live how did they sound compared to their studio music?

I saw Prince live he was amazing.

The Grand Master of the piano and one of our best ever showmen. Another one I saw at Sheffield arena and yes his voice was on the brink of letting him down, however, he did a two hour show and only left the stage for one interlude approx 5 minutes just to change costume. Thoroughly enjoyed his entire show albeit a tad missing in parts. God bless our drama queen who is elton John.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I saw Prince live he was amazing.
    Wow! Wouldn't have minded that Pocket. Glad you enjoyed it.

First band I saw was Bon Jovi. Very good.
    My favourite gigs were Billy Joel, The Eagles.
    The gig that I was most surprised about how good it was as I was never a massive fan was Coldplay.

My Dad likes to tell me about how he saw Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of White!!!

I'd say in general the people I've seen live have been disappointing vocally compared to their recordings. Cher was pitch perfect but I guess that's because she was miming . Saw Sir Elton last year and must admit he didn't sound like he did 50 years ago but for someone in his 70s he was pretty good. Must have something for oldies as also saw Burt Bacharach last year and can forgive him his voice at 91 for his catalogue of work and the musicians/singers he had supporting him. Vocally, the best I've seen, queue laughs but it was a great family night out with the wife and daughters, James Blunt.

List of disappointments include
    The Jam (vocally From the Jam were better)
    Paul McCartney
    Cyndi Lauper
    Rod Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I'd say in general the people I've seen live have been disappointing vocally compared to their recordings. Cher was pitch perfect but I guess that's because she was miming . Saw Sir Elton last year and must admit he didn't sound like he did 50 years ago but for someone in his 70s he was pretty good. Must have something for oldies as also saw Burt Bacharach last year and can forgive him his voice at 91 for his catalogue of work and the musicians/singers he had supporting him. Vocally, the best I've seen, queue laughs but it was a great family night out with the wife and daughters, James Blunt.

List of disappointments include
    The Jam (vocally From the Jam were better)
    Paul McCartney
    Cyndi Lauper
    Rod Stewart
    Nice catalogue of singers there CAM. Nowt wrong with James Blunt, I have one of his albums.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    First band I saw was Bon Jovi. Very good.
    My favourite gigs were Billy Joel, The Eagles.
    The gig that I was most surprised about how good it was as I was never a massive fan was Coldplay.
    Saw the Eagles last year in Manchester, sadly no more Glenn Frey though. His Son was a good singer and he managed a couple of songs.
    Don Henly's voice did actually falter on one song but eh the guys 73 so no problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    My Dad likes to tell me about how he saw Jimi Hendrix at the Isle of White!!!
    through a purple haze no doubt...

Seen the Stones many times, at least 20, in Europe and the US, and they've never been owt less than brilliant. Seen Muse almost as many times in UK and US and every one their shows has been breathtaking.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast