+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Artists/bands you saw live how did they sound compared to their studio music?

O/T Artists/bands you saw live how did they sound compared to their studio music?

Saw this lad at Clumber Park and he was amazing and sounded just like he did on this video. To consider this video was shot in
    1984 and I saw him in 2012 it was unbelievable the way he still hit all his high notes.

Last edited by CAMiller; 18-09-2020 at 11:53 PM.

What an amazing singer, sadly no longer with us. Saw George at the Sheffield Arena the year after his near death experience with Pneumonia.
    Word perfect is how I would have described it. What a waste of a life and great talent. God bless him, in a safer place now.

The Everley Bros, Sheffield City Hall. Perfection. Those harmonies.

What can you say about this woman's vocal range, sadly none too impressive when I saw her live. Sounded a lot lower in the quality of her voice. I was expecting so much better. Goes to show what studios can sometimes do for you.

Nothing but total admiration for this band when I saw them live at Sheffield City hall. Stuart Adamson, sadly another great singer no longer with us, did a solo, no music accompanying him, and it made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Why are musical people so vunerable and sometimes on the edge where it ends in their life ending? Thank you Big Country for an unforgettable night of brilliant sounds and music.

Went under duress to see Andre Boccelli at the Sheffield Arena ( other half’s choice) I have to admit that he has a tremendous voice . Could have listened to him all night

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Nothing but total admiration for this band when I saw them live at Sheffield City hall. Stuart Adamson, sadly another great singer no longer with us, did a solo, no music accompanying him, and it made the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. Why are musical people so vunerable and sometimes on the edge where it ends in their life ending? Thank you Big Country for an unforgettable night of brilliant sounds and music.

My sons favourite Brin.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    My sons favourite Brin.
    Great choice tell him

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What can you say about this woman's vocal range, sadly none too impressive when I saw her live. Sounded a lot lower in the quality of her voice. I was expecting so much better. Goes to show what studios can sometimes do for you.

Her Aunty ( Dionne Warwick) was outstanding live, seen her several times. The last time her voice had deffo deteriorated and I think she called it a day a short while after.

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    Her Aunty ( Dionne Warwick) was outstanding live, seen her several times. The last time her voice had deffo deteriorated and I think she called it a day a short while after.
    Why is it also that some don't know when to call it a a day, another one Debbie Harry still thinks she's got it...err no love. Also Kim Wilde, on about starting up again, give it a miss please. She was on the same show as Jimmy Somerville and boy were the crowd disappointed.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast