+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry v QPR....both teams did not take the knee.

Erm what happens of black players object to the practise not being carried on e.g. a strike. We would be buggered since we have a lot of black players plus they are good players.in any case how does it hurt you players kneeling a few seconds before a game? A bit petty don't you think and more sinister at worse. Feckin grow up a bit.

What I find disgraceful about this is that the managers and players appear to be blaming the referee for not making them do it. The debate on sky seems to be suggesting that players and managers need to be told by the efl what to think. The referee asked both managers if they were doing it and they agreed not to...then they blame the authorities for.not telling them what they do or dont believe in. It would be shocking if the football authorities told people what they had to believe in or what to protest about . Its laughable they stand there and say " I really believe in this cause but the referee didn't tell me to so I said I didnt want to but its his fault for not making me.

It’s the second game that QPR haven’t taken a knee, I’m sure there’s a reason.

Shouldn’t be forced on anyone

It never had anything to do with this country.

It's embarrassing how some people copy everything from the USA just because we speak the same language.

I bet players haven't been kneeling in other European countries.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Erm what happens of black players object to the practise not being carried on e.g. a strike. We would be buggered since we have a lot of black players plus they are good players.in any case how does it hurt you players kneeling a few seconds before a game? A bit petty don't you think and more sinister at worse. Feckin grow up a bit.
    And how would you feel taking a knee to honour the Tory party everday before you started work, only takes a minute ? Me thinks you would be lucking for other work.

You misunderstand why folks are taking the knee slim chance. How can you compare taking the knee for the Tory party to a movement that supports equality. Bizarre...

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    You misunderstand why folks are taking the knee slim chance. How can you compare taking the knee for the Tory party to a movement that supports equality. Bizarre...
    They're doing it because of cultural cringe/ American cultural imperialsm.

Some folk on here are do out of touch with reality ...Why do you think black people feel so bitter about their treatment? Even your Tory govt say something needs to be done about black equality. If there were no black footballers you may argue there was no need though I would counter that but there are many. Many of those players will have experienced discrimination directly or indirectly. It may not be real to you in a more privileged life style but it is to them.

obsequious sycophant

I didn't notice any footballers "taking the knee" or something similar for victims of terrorism or grooming gangs.

There's rather a lot of the latter in Rotherham (two more arrests this week).

Did Rotherham United players make any protests about this?

How come the only protests are for someone who died in police custody 4000 miles away?

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast