+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry v QPR....both teams did not take the knee.

Should have been done once as a mark of respect but now its ****ing cringeworthy . When did football become political ? It's been forced down people's throats now and i bet there is a lot of players becoming uncomfortable with this . Efl need to say ok done with this now we respect the cause and all that but now it's about the sport

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Says Mr Mixed Metaphor
    Whoosh

The Football league and Prem both decided to stop the knee thing after the first game of this season or so I am led to believe.

As to why it started in the first place is because racism is starting to raise its head again in this country and the #Blacklivesmaterjustasmuchaswhitelives (Not the politicle BLM party - which is a totally diff thing) wanted to get it out there to make it known that racism needs to STOP!

The #Blacklivesmaterjustasmuchaswhitelives started in 2013 and is an ‎International movement.

I wish some people found out facts about things before spouting off about things they do not know nor understand.

I have only two rules in life. First, I will not watch any sporting event where participants "take the knee." Second, I will not buy any product or services where the advert features a black bloke with a white woman: I have no objection to mixed race relationships but resent the current portrayal of them as the norm. I simply refuse to buy into the agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I have only two rules in life. First, I will not watch any sporting event where participants "take the knee." Second, I will not buy any product or services where the advert features a black bloke with a white woman: I have no objection to mixed race relationships but resent the current portrayal of them as the norm. I simply refuse to buy into the agenda.
    Nice to keep life simple with just 2 rules.

Are you ok with a white man with black woman, prob yes so not to narrow the field?

How about a black man and white man?
    or black woman and white woman, best not watch strictly this year.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It never had anything to do with this country.

It's embarrassing how some people copy everything from the USA just because we speak the same language.

I bet players haven't been kneeling in other European countries.
    Speak the same language take it you've not been to the states,they kill the English language.
    Last edited by Lolmorgan; 19-09-2020 at 07:31 AM.

Long before black lives matters football had kick it out. That's now changed to not today or anyday.
    Football should stick to its own racism campaign

The company I work for have basically updated their mission statement to include BLM and George Floyd is actually mentioned in it. What I dont agree with is how they are talking about all its employees in a "universal we" manner, saying we are against this, against that. Loads of people are not happy with what they have done. No one was consulted or asked for their views which some people are offended by.

My personal opinion is the knee should stop now, respects have been paid in loads of matches and that should be that.

Time to move on now, football has shown the respect to the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Nice to keep life simple with just 2 rules.

Are you ok with a white man with black woman, prob yes so not to narrow the field?

How about a black man and white man?
    or black woman and white woman, best not watch strictly this year.
    You miss the point. If you knew anyone in advertising they would tell you that the portrayal of relationships with a white man and a black woman are rarely used as they "evoke resonances of master-slave relationships." The black man white man idea is also unlikely as the portrayal of black homo***uals is very, very unpopular in black communities. Chinese with black and Asian with black are also forbidden in advertising for similar reasons.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast