+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Coventry v QPR....both teams did not take the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I dont mind you taking the piss out of me. If you were to take the piss out of some of the right wingers on here for balance that would be fair enough.
    Well it might have been subtle but my original post about the Marx Brothers was more taking the piss out of GF's detailed dissection of Marxism (of which I have no clue what he was going on about) than it was about which Marx Brother you might be.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well it might have been subtle but my original post about the Marx Brothers was more taking the piss out of GF's detailed dissection of Marxism (of which I have no clue what he was going on about) than it was about which Marx Brother you might be.
    intersectionality

"The interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage."

Definitions from Oxford Languages

BLM UK have put out another statement calling for the police to be defunded and the end of border controls.

https://twitter.com/ukblm/status/1308065339041869827

Thats what Rotherham United are kneeling for.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    intersectionality

"The interconnected nature of social categorizations such as race, class, and gender as they apply to a given individual or group, regarded as creating overlapping and interdependent systems of discrimination or disadvantage."

Definitions from Oxford Languages
    Thanks GF but I'm still non the wiser and don't intend being. The only Marks I'm interested in as far as MM is concerned are Mark Rhodes, Mark Robins, ...etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks GF but I'm still non the wiser and don't intend being. The only Marks I'm interested in as far as MM is concerned are Mark Rhodes, Mark Robins, ...etc.
    That is more relevant to this site, or at least it was before football went political.

People watch football and other sports to get away from politics not to be bombarded with it.

All politics needs to be taken out of it even if that means poppies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    That is more relevant to this site, or at least it was before football went political.

People watch football and other sports to get away from politics not to be bombarded with it.

All politics needs to be taken out of it even if that means poppies as well.
    Yes agree. Pity Brin started this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Yes agree. Pity Brin started this thread.
    But my point was that we didn't start this, the supporters didn't bring divisive politics into football, the football authorities did, Sky did, the players and managers and team owners did.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I'm surprised at you seemingly siding with an extremist right wing idiot but then again if that is what the mods are coming to on here god help this board.

Like I've said before to you be a plonker and allow this site to be closed down. At least no one will be able to blame me when it goes..

Shame on you.

Bring back Deano and Rich the site was much better then.
    That's really harsh on Cam Roly, sorry but it is. Deano and Rich had their day and were good for this site at one time. I seem to recall Rich getting fed up of reading threads like this and just lost all interest. Deano I'm not sure about, may have been work related. Fact is they ****ed off and Cam stepped up.

This post is uncalled for and you should apologise to Cam in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    That's really harsh on Cam Roly, sorry but it is. Deano and Rich had their day and were good for this site at one time. I seem to recall Rich getting fed up of reading threads like this and just lost all interest. Deano I'm not sure about, may have been work related. Fact is they ****ed off and Cam stepped up.

Maybe a little harsh Riley. All I ask is for a moderator to moderate. I don't expect him to agree with me but then he shouldn't be seeing to agree with others. Maybe he should just keep off the political threads as a moderator. If he wants to have a political opinion that is fine but maybe then he should pack in being a moderator. Frog tends to steer clear of politics which is probably a good idea on here.

For once I agree with gfire maybe we should ban polltical threads to keep politics off here. i have said I am happy to do that if everyone else is willing to do that. It does go round in circles and everyones opinion is quite predictable including mine. (It will be hard to keep in check tho because politics gets involved in every thing.)The only arguments then would be about Gwru's team selections.

You seem a good sort Riley so I will take your advice and apologise to Cam who is plainly not a bad sort himself.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-09-2020 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post

Agree Riley
    Roly
    What do you want of this board?
    And don’t say fairness because that’s not the case.
    It’s all about your opinion been correct and anyone who disagrees with you is wrong.

Your post about Cam is just wrong and uncalled for.
    I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Cam and he’s a decent bloke unlike some I could name on here.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast