+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Reading v Barnsley Match Thread

And Luke Berry got one

Got to score first with this system in my opinion to pick up the points .

Odds stacked massively against us when we concede the first goal .

Struber is doing what he can with the quality we have in the squad .

Sets us up to be more difficult to beat but it takes away from any attacking intentions .

Unless some real championship quality is invested in to the squad then the margins between losing and winning are extremely fine and we will have more days like today unfortunately .

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    A laughable decision for me but then I’m biased, the lad could see he wasn’t going to get the ball and cleverly went down.
    We’ve got to appeal this one.
    Unfortunately that's the way the game is theses days.
    Pantomime stuff with the sending off & penalty decisions these days.
    Animal accepts it, but I never will.
    The centre half would be waiting for him by the changing room in a Sunday league game., and rightly so.
    The penalty decisions these days are a joke, and VAR could make a big difference here.
    Shame them, humiliate them, ban them for 5 games.
    If the Reading lad didn't think there'd be a chance of a sending off, he wouldn't have fallen over.
    Then again the ref's fallen for it.
    15 stone brick sh1thouses falling over when someone breathes on them - pathetic.
    Watching Geoff & the boys today every other line on the bottom of the screen was either a penalty or a sending off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    The centre half would be waiting for him by the changing room in a Sunday league game., and rightly so.
    The penalty decisions these days are a joke, and VAR could make a big difference here.
    If the Reading lad didn't think there'd be a chance of a sending off, he wouldn't have fallen over.
    15 stone brick sh1thouses falling over when someone breathes on them - pathetic.
    Watching Geoff & the boys today every other line on the bottom of the screen was either a penalty or a sending off.
    Couldn't agree more

Quote Originally Posted by Hodger1957 View Post
    I only accept it Hodger because if you don't get in the programme you are doing yourselves down .

I wish it wasn't like this I really do but fair play awards mean nowt to me .

To be successful in the present Championship and with the present quality of referee you have to indulge in sh1thousery and old man the ref. Both Luton and Reading have done this.
    I mentioned pre season that Struber was morphing into Mark Robbins in that 0-0 and 1-0 becomes the aim. Even the strikers are valued on their defensive/ closing down abilities rather than purrin the ball in the net.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-09-2020 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I only accept it Hodger because if you don't get in the programme you are doing yourselves down .

I wish it wasn't like this I really do but fair play awards mean nowt to me .
    I thought that up until a few years ago but personally I think honour, honesty and gentlemanly conduct are far better traits. I am still in the process of learning.

If you get duped by cheats its certainly frustrating but maintaining your dignity and self respect is far more important I think. If we all adopted an attitude of "if you can't beat em join em" then the world would be a much sadder place.

Unfortunately this cheating mentality/attitude has crept into English football in the last 25 years and the game has become far more poorer for it.

The influx of foreigners into the english game has brought with it some pluses on the technical side but ultimately its brought with it a side to the game that has absolutely no place in football.

Maybe I'm old fashioned in this respect but the day I become privy to this shyte I may as well lower my overall standards in everyday life, therefore morality gets thrown out of the window and i become a worse human being in the process.

I was hoping technology would stamp this shyte out but until players are punished heavily on video evidence post match then we're going nowhere and cheating becomes acceptable

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    To be successful in the present Championship and with the present quality of referee you have to indulge in sh1thousery and old man the ref. Both Luton and Reading have done this.
    I mentioned pre season that Struber was morphing into Mark Robbins in that 0-0 and 1-0 becomes the aim. Even the strikers are valued on their defensive abilities rather than purrin the ball in the net.
    Simply not getting backed by the 80% for me SB .

I totally believe he knows what he needs to keep us away from the bottom three .

We've not spent anything yet because we've in affect used the Brown money to add a centre half and a wide midfield player to the squad when the biggest priority was up top and trying to score more goals .

He wanted Dykes who would have provided us with a new dimension and the 80% bugga about over 600k and so he goes to QPR .

Tha can't feck around at this level over 600k , the clubs big enough to be spending £2m in this day and age .

We are a small club at this level but we aren't the smallest by any means and we weren't last season either .

We are a championship club all fecking day long and act like we are still in League One , have done for 20 years .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I thought that up until a few years ago but personally I think honour, honesty and gentlemanly conduct are far better traits. I am still in the process of learning.

If you get duped by cheats its certainly frustrating but maintaining your dignity and self respect is far more important I think. If we all adopted an attitude of "if you can't beat em join em" then the world would be a much sadder place.

Unfortunately this cheating mentality/attitude has crept into English football in the last 25 years and the game has become far more poorer for it.

The influx of foreigners into the english game has brought with it some pluses on the technical side but ultimately its brought with it a side to the game that has absolutely no place in football.

Maybe I'm old fashioned in this respect but the day I become privy to this shyte I may as well lower my overall standards in everyday life, therefore morality gets thrown out of the window and i become a worse human being in the process.

I was hoping technology would stamp this shyte out but until players are punished heavily on video evidence post match then we're going nowhere and cheating becomes acceptable
    If I thought for one minute the game would be cleared of cheats then fair enough mate .

The reality is it won't be , all you are doing in my opinion by doing the same is levelling up your chances of success .

Your not really gaining an advantage in other words you are simply adapting to the game today and staying in the hunt .

We all know the margins at this level and to me it's just plain daft not to respond in kind .

It's not right by any means but getting turned over is even worse in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post

The Corinthians would come bottom every year in the present day Championship Pass.

Money has ruined most things in football with the rapidly increasing use of cheating to win points and acquire more money.

I agree with your moral stance but most fans demand success or they will soon stop supporting the club. A team winning 30 games a season 1-0 using the dark arts will be lauded. George Graham's Arsenal were the best example of this. Don Revie's Leeds ed quality but they were dirty buggers.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast