+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reading v Barnsley Match Thread

Reading v Barnsley Match Thread

A chance to actually talk about a game of football for once and a welcome break from the circus going on at the club , I'll drink to that .

I've got a feeling Schmidt and Freiser may start today and to be fair I think Schmidt especially deserves another opportunity with Chaplin possibly making way .

It wouldn't surprise me either to see Hellik given the shirt in the defence with Jordan Williams moving over to left wing back .

The Reading lad Lucas Joao is a big physical presence for them up top and has started the season well for the Royals .

As ever at this level we need everyone 100% on their game to get anything from this today .

It's not a fixture that we normally do well in , i've witnessed us gerrin a few maulings by Reading particularly at Elm Park , it's one of those fixtures I actually dread , so anything we may get today ? Will be a bonus , The highlights from their win at Derby looked impressive , and as Animal points out that Joao looks a handful , so nowt to fear !! I'm confident we will get some points today though , our away form of late has been quite good ,

Dunt know much abart the Reading team to be honest. If they are big, physical lads full of sh1thousery tricks we will not cope. If they play football art from the back and on the floor we evva chance, especially in the first 20 mins when we try to catch teams art by attacking in numbers.
    Azzevva first goal crucial.

Avva feeling in mi watta that we'll get caught art today p1ssing abart trying to play it art from back. We ent the technical skills for this to work consistently.

Anybody watchin on Ifolla ? Al bi switchin between Jeff n Golf this aft " Patrick Schmidt has surely sealed the win for Barnsley with another added time goal " , meanwhile at Winged Foot , Lee Westwood is on course for winning his first Major , he had a superb round of 66 as the early leaders all stumbled under the pressure

Ad be chuffed wi a point to get us off the mark. Am pleased Mark Bowen int their coach anymooar, I thought he did a good job last season and Reading worra solid side and getting better as the season went on. This new coach thuv gorrin is an unknown quantity. We'll see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Anybody watchin on Ifolla ? Al bi switchin between Jeff n Golf this aft " Patrick Schmidt has surely sealed the win for Barnsley with another added time goal " , meanwhile at Winged Foot , Lee Westwood is on course for winning his first Major , he had a superb round of 66 as the early leaders all stumbled under the pressure
    Not worth a tenner and the potential farting abart trying to get iFollow to work.

Jeff seems to be rotating his squad. Excluding the retained Merse only Pulis keeps his place from last week.
    "There's been an early goal at the Madejski Stadium. Who's scored Bianca ?"

Pulis must bi owda than Tiss, Nicklarse and Thompson ? A dunt mind him tho ,

I cant fathom todays team selection.

Probably why im not a coach.

Good luck lads.

Team

------------- Walton ------

Sollbauer --- Andersen ---- Helik ---

Ludewig ------ Mowatt ---- J Williams

Thomas --------------------------- Ritzmaier

--------------------- Freiser -----------

--------------------- Chaplin -----------

Subs

Collins
    Halme
    Miller
    Styles
    Adeboyejo
    Schmidt
    Woodrow

Wow !!!!

Styles, Schmidt and Woodrow on the bench.

All four of Struber's Old Boys in--Ludewig, Sollbauer, Ritzmaier and Frieser.

Five across the back. Big lad up front.

Brave tactical genius or too much trust in Old Boys ? Sooin find art.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-09-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast