+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hull City (A)

Hull City (A)

Well, it is Sat morning again, so I thought it was time to start a match day thread.
    Up today, Hull City, another team relegated from the Championship last season. Can we expect any difference from the Charlton game.

Do we have any of our missing players back and how fit will they be?

After our start, with the players we have available I am nervous about this game. 3-0 loss.

Any thoughts?

I don’t think Hull will be as good as Charlton - they certainly weren’t at the end of last season when their form was Stevenagely bad! We weren’t bad last week, just punished for being naive a couple of times. Assuming we can tighten up a bit, and that we were pretty good away from home last year, I’m going to be more optimistic and plump for a 1-1 draw. It’s been a long time since I did any plumping!!

Not optomistic after last weeks display. Have to say DA`s comments in the week have not given me confidence. Where he saw the positives was beyond me. Unless we can have a 50% improvement in competing and passing I can only see another loss.

I took my wife for a weekend in Hull so that I could see us lose 0-1 during our last season in the championship. Our marriage was downhill from there!

I would like us to get at least a point, but realistically I fear a 1-2 loss.

Bad feeling about this! I think Hull will exploit our typically slow start to the game. Could be 0-4. Once again, no goals for.

We were more competitive but once again constantly losing possession through bad passing or silly long balls. Never looked like scoring. The goal as usual was sloppy. As a team we are not clicking.

I think the team are not doing badly, actually. Today was a hard-fought game where we (again) didn't take the chances we were given and then that fatal loss of concentration blows away all the good work. I feel Mandron had another good game as did Offord (though maybe, Lukcour, you won't agree with that). I'm still of the opinion that Finney doesn't contribute enough to the game and when he has a chance he needs to take at the first chance. Generally, he tends to take one more touch than necessary, but he was better than last time. Dale works hard but, again, seems to find the easy things hard. Charlie was not involved enough and this is why I want Powell back asap as we need a sharp alternative approach on either wing to stretch the opposition defence. Perhaps Zanzala should start against MKD instead of Dale. Maybe also give Ainley a start instead of Finney (get fit soon Miniesta!). Finney can always come on as an impact sub. Pickering seems to be winning the nutmeg race 2-1 to him over Perry. Beckles did not look the same player as he did the previous two games. Shouldn't Offord be the one bringing the ball out of defence as he seems more capable with the ball? Murphy improved on the last game but did not really impose himself. I am worried about Wintle who seems not to be coping with having less time on the ball.
    Were Hull working on an assumption that Jaskelainan is dodgy at catching the ball? They played deadball kicks just under the bar, and admittedly, Will did panic with the first but was put under no pressure from their forwards for any of them.
    As for subs, not sure there's any point bringing Lundstram and Zanzala on with about 5 minutes to go.