+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WBA53 match thread

We have two of the best player that we have had for a long time, Pereira and Diangana, and maybe Gallagher will be top class too. However good they are, though, they will be wasted unless we have a sound defence and there’s no sign of one being put in place.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    We have two of the best player that we have had for a long time, Pereira and Diangana, and maybe Gallagher will be top class too. However good they are, though, they will be wasted unless we have a sound defence and there’s no sign of one being put in place.

I agree but you forgot to miss an half decent striker too! You can't be reliant on goals from these two class acts whilst Robinson does not get his shorts dirt, Kanu trying hard but that's it, and Austin eating too many pies!

I agree with Everton manager we was the better team in the ist half. Gibbs sending off turned the game ,why wasn't the Everton player booked. Ist half was 100% better than last week.

Now seen the highlights. To be honest first half we weren’t too shabby. Great goal by Grady. Livermore probably should have made it 2-0. Absolute stunner from Pereira. But the goals we conceded 2nd half looked like we got out muscled or out fought in the box. Not sure I would blame Johnstone tbh. We need some steel in defence - just hope Ivanovic has still got the legs. Thought the red card was harsh - ok Gibbs got pushed.... he pushed Rodríguez away ...and the guy collapsed like he had been hit by a 10 ton truck. Mike Dean always very fussy and officious ..... sh** referee wants to be the star on show. Also thought the Everton first goal was harsh. Can see why Bilić lost it.....

But we better get used to it.... the big sides will get these decisions.....we’ve been there before...

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    To be honest, up until the Gibbs sending off, I had been quite impressed with the performance. You can't play with ten men against this quality of opposition.
    I’m with you in this one, he was having a good game, the problem we face is playing 5 at the back helps us massively on the counter and we were very effective, we have to play to the strength of the midfield and we have talent in this area, probably the most we have had for many a year. The negative is that in defence you have to be organised and solid, sadly our marking and positioning was all over the place, however looking glass half full here we have IMO better players getting ready to come in, Ivanovic and Kipre alongside AJ helps, Gallagher helping Livermore out provides more of a screen and additional pace to break. Take today prior to Gibbs mad moment and we looked pretty good against an excellent Everton side. Discipline tho oh boy that’s definitely down to Bilic now to lead from the front and apologise.

I thought that we looked half decent in the first half and were unlucky to go in one down. Without VAR we would have gone in level so I hope that it works in our favour next time. Gibbs is experienced enough to know that you can't push someone in the face and not receive a red card. If we had eleven v eleven in the second half I'm not convinced that Everton would have won. Our defending at set pieces is shocking though.

Listened to most of the first half and was beginning to feel very, very mildly optimistic about getting a result. Had to go out and was disappointed to come home and find it was 5-2. Have only seen the brief highlights on line but three things have really pi55ed me off. 1. Furlong was being fouled and no way could it be said he was making an effort to play the ball. 2. The shocking defending. I don’t know who was to blame but if you unable to even make a decent challenge you are stuffed. It is not as of Everton had tall strikers. 3. Gibbs. There is little doubt we will get a good hiding by Chelsea. Let’s hope the season gets going after that. Presuming, of course, the there are new faces. Fabulous goals though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)