+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

Would have been goaless without the mistake. Wouldn't have scored if we'd played all night. Going g to be a long season.

We may as well play 5-5 formation because we just hoof it forward to a space.
    Decent performance terrible tactics

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Would have been goaless without the mistake. Wouldn't have scored if we'd played all night. Going g to be a long season.
    100% agree you don't win games with out putting the ball in the net and our preferred No 1 striker will not do that

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    We may as well play 5-5 formation because we just hoof it forward to a space.
    Decent performance terrible tactics
    Keep playin No 24 that's all you can do and the results will remain the same until that mind set changes. Championship defenders wont even break sweat against our "big forrud"

Don't think the starting setup was a good selection by warne.
    Ladapo proved last season he's not a starter.
    I'm saying nowt about Smith, I keep getting shot down with folk telling me how important he is to the millers, even though he's a non scoring striker.
    Young miller is chomping at the bit and we play sadlier LW who's best as the attacking midfielder and wiles who's a CM Infront of him.
    McDonald and Linsey in the middle. Both are holding midfielders. Where was the creation. Surly wiles or crooks would have been a better option over Linsey.

Saying all the above, Millwall were not good and we deserved atleast a point.

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    And Smith did ?????
    More, went wider and came deeper for the ball, Freddie didnt and doesnt.. though neither today had anyway near what they should be for this level. As another has said we might as well play 5-5-0.

Freddie is not a starter, should be used for impact, certainly when we are having the lions share which will be much less this season than last.

Id actually take Crooks infront of the middle or a five and one man up front than play those two together.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Don't think the starting setup was a good selection by warne.
    Ladapo proved last season he's not a starter.
    I'm saying nowt about Smith, I keep getting shot down with folk telling me how important he is to the millers, even though he's a non scoring striker.
    Young miller is chomping at the bit and we play sadlier LW who's best as the attacking midfielder and wiles who's a CM Infront of him.
    McDonald and Linsey in the middle. Both are holding midfielders. Where was the creation. Surly wiles or crooks would have been a better option over Linsey.

Saying all the above, Millwall were not good and we deserved atleast a point.
    That's right Cayton, Millwall weren't that good we will face far, far better teams before this season is over

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    More, went wider and came deeper for the ball, Freddie didnt and doesnt.. though neither today had anyway near what they should be for this level. As another has said we might as well play 5-5-0.

Freddie is not a starter, should be used for impact, certainly when we are having the lions share which will be much less this season than last.

Id actually take Crooks infront of the middle or a five and one man up front than play those two together.
    He is on the pitch and paid to put the ball in the back of the net, running round like a nutter does not make him a championship player

Quote Originally Posted by gazmadmiller View Post
    He is on the pitch and paid to put the ball in the back of the net, running round like a nutter does not make him a championship player
    45/8 in our last stint in the Championship and probably one of the best in the squad, didnt do badly last season either. Hes the only "proven" championship forward in the squad.

Out of our front two today we had two strikers that didnt score and didnt look like doing so. Yet only one actually did any level of work, which wasnt Freddie .

Dont get me wrong, im not saying we dont need better, we certainly do. However, thats not limited to just up front, its being smarter tactically better and personnel thats lacking up the onion bag end...

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    45/8 in our last stint in the Championship and probably one of the best in the squad, didnt do badly last season either. Hes the only "proven" championship forward in the squad.

Out of our front two today we had two strikers that didnt score and didnt look like doing so. Yet only one actually did any level of work, which wasnt Freddie .

Dont get me wrong, im not saying we dont need better, we certainly do. However, thats not limited to just up front, its being smarter tactically better and personnel thats lacking up the onion bag end...
    You were right Caytonmiller, I give up

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast