+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Millwall Post Match Thoughts

[QUOTE=Citizen Erased;39578199]Missing some creative distribution in the centre.

Smith coming so deep to get the ball he might as well be a CM.

Yep

That was a good performance take away the mistake and we will all be saying a point against Millwall a good result.

Apart from Hurst who livened things up we have no strikers to give the defenders problemems.

Ladapou scores goals in league in only radon I would keep him over Smith

I thought we did OK but no more than that.
    No real creativity in midfield (please sign Barlaser next week) and very little threat up front.
    Who is going to get the goals for us because none of our current strikers look particularly dangerous?

Harding better. A McDonald Mattock did nothing wrong. Ogbene our main threat. Just up front nothing happening. Give Hirst a run of games to get up.to speed. Could do with that midfielder in for the next game.

Yep final ball to forwards was poor or was it that the forwards weren't showing for the final ball? Prob a bit of both. Agree we need a creative midfielder.

Thought S Mac and Lyndsey got stuck in well in midfield but too similar in style. We are screaming out for a barlaser or similar who can open defences up.

Bad mistake by Icky for the goal but he was the hero last week so shunt grumble too much.

We are meant to be good with dead ball kicks. Didn't show it today Warney. We hardly got owt on target from corners and free kicks.

Another observation. How many times did I see Ogbene and Sadlier and Smith helping out in defence. Yes they did a great job but then we have no out let for a quick break. Don't mind them having a more defensive role away but we need to push em up a bit at home.

Should have been 0-0 today but if you drop a boll ock in this league you wain't get away with it.

Positives: generally good defensive work apart from the blooper. A lot of bite in midfield as well.

Ive a feeling we will do better away from home than at home this season.

Moms? All of defence apart from Icky, S Mac, Ogbene, Blackman also good games.

If you only sign one player now Warney get Dan the man...it could be the difference between us going down and staying up.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-09-2020 at 04:53 PM.

S Macdonald motm for me

I think a decent choice Mtop. Tried to get on the ball to make things happen. Some good defensive stuff too from him Get Barlaser at the side of him to do the creative stuff. Brecks kept going on about us getting another player in this week. Lets hope its Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    Missing some creative distribution in the centre.

Smith coming so deep to get the ball he might as well be a CM.

Not much between the teams today.... Just a bad mistake by our captain which at this level is often the difference. To say Millwall we're up towards the play offs last season they weren't much today at all.

Hirst looks good. Should get the nod ahead of Freddie next week who, again, did nothing.
    And Smith did ?????

I thought our passing in middle was poor and only seemed to pick up once Lindsey came off, honestly I don’t think we would have had any shots at all if it wasn’t for ogbene

Defence was great right up to ickys ck up

Needs improvement but it can be fixed

Thought we were very unlucky. Better side against one of last season’s better sides.

Created some great chances just no one on the end of them. We just lacked that finish.

Future looks alright...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast