+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sell smudge

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Yes I know he a battering ram a poor man's alex revell.
    Behave, Revell couldn't lace Smiths boots.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Unpopular veiw I know but I think his time is up.

Not good enough for the championship a d doesn't really score goals in league 1.

Yes I know he a battering ram a poor man's alex revell.

But the f we can get 300k around that lwt him go.

I agree provides little IMHO . WE DESPERATELY NEED A CREATIVE Midfielder . Would you bank on Smith scoring goals if he was put through one on one ? That's the question .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    I agree provides little IMHO . WE DESPERATELY NEED A CREATIVE Midfielder . Would you bank on Smith scoring goals if he was put through one on one ? That's the question .
    You would like to think all strikers would score more than thet miss in a 1v1

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Revell was sold to Cardiff for 300k and that was 10 years ago.

Would you get 300k for smudge in todays market and would a team like Cardiff be after him.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Have you been drinking Masbrough? 😉

I'm teetotal, Revell scored probably the best goal I've ever seen and I'll always love him for that but I personally think he's one of the most overrated players we've ever had, I thought he was average in League two never mind in the championship.

We didn't sign Revell until 2011 so how we sold him to Cardiff 10 years ago I'll never know (it was 2015 actually). I think 300k was daylight robbery and I'm still amazed they bought him. Is Smith worth 300k? I think so. I think we'd struggle to sign somebody as good or better for that amount. Would a team like Cardiff be after him? probably not.

My recollection of Revell is that he spent the majority of his time either giving away fouls or sitting on his arris because the defenders had got the better of him and then complaining to the ref about the injustice of it all
    He's scored one of the best goals in our history but Smudges all round play is much much better.
    Every season there's a period when he gets criticised and then after a few games we all realise he's an integral part of our team

Last week our Manager, who knows much more about football than any of us, said he's also the best crosser at the club

This is what favouritism does

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    My recollection of Revell is that he spent the majority of his time either giving away fouls or sitting on his arris because the defenders had got the better of him and then complaining to the ref about the injustice of it all
    Are you sure you're not describing Smith?

It's rare he actually wins the ball without giving away a foul.

Warney should watch game with me! My years of watching us would be to his advantage. Lamy would still be here, Adelakun his name wouldn't be mentioned again. Ladapo & Vassell would be gone. We aren't far off a side that can stay in the championship. Wide left? for starters. Why do we play Wiles out of position when we have Miller. But it's an away game next which makes it harder to give players their debut.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast