+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Sell smudge

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    In my opinion he is streets ahead of Revell, but it’s just my opinion. We all see different things.
    I also think Smithy is a much better player than Alex but I think he is just a tad short for championship class.However a league 1 club with a great desire to get promoted would pay big money for this lad and to say we'd struggle to get 300k is laughable.He has improved a lot since he came here and I wouldn't be at all surprised if one of the big clubs in league 1 try to get him.That's IF we allow to go.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warney should watch game with me! My years of watching us would be to his advantage. Lamy would still be here, Adelakun his name wouldn't be mentioned again. Ladapo & Vassell would be gone. We aren't far off a side that can stay in the championship. Wide left? for starters. Why do we play Wiles out of position when we have Miller. But it's an away game next which makes it harder to give players their debut.
    Gru,are you on drugs ?
    I think everyone in the universe knows your opinion on all the 3 topics you mention on EVERY SINGLE F*CKING THREAD....stop it PLEASE.

Come on Smithy

When smith is on form he is well worth a championship place.
    Last time it was his presence that gave us a chance.
    When he didn’t play we got stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Warney should watch game with me! My years of watching us would be to his advantage.
    Funniest thing I've read on here for some time

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Gru,are you on drugs ?
    I think it's the fact he isn't on drugs that's the problem. He definitely should be on some form of medication.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    And as far as winning fouls is concerned... WHAT?????
    ALL we need is someone who is good at scoring goals... a la Grabban; Le Fondre.
    If you're not good enough just go.. and give the wage to someone who is...
    Missed the point, he gives away needless fouls. How can you gain any possession if when you play the ball up front we give away by fouling when he doesn't need to. Some of the fouls awarded are by the opponents defenders 'winning' fouls.

I've just read this extract from a report for the Everton match this weekend.
    It relates to the way Dominic Calvert-Lewin has listened to Ancelotti and has changed his game...........for the better!!
    Very relevant comments that could be applied to Smith.
    Is he a number 9 who should stay central or does he have a different role, as he's apparently "the best crosser at the club".

"Calvert-Lewin broke into the side a few years ago seeking to impress by being selfless, occupying every zone in the attacking third, more likely to receive the ball dragging a full-back wide than with his back to a centre-half.

Shortly after Ancelotti’s appointment the Italian made a critical, probably career-changing observation to his No 9. “He pulled me aside and said ‘You need to stay central’,” Calvert-Lewin revealed in the midst of a goal blitz before last season’s lockdown. “I’m not going to score near the corner flag.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    I've just read this extract from a report for the Everton match this weekend.
    It relates to the way Dominic Calvert-Lewin has listened to Ancelotti and has changed his game...........for the better!!
    Very relevant comments that could be applied to Smith.
    Is he a number 9 who should stay central or does he have a different role, as he's apparently "the best crosser at the club".

"Calvert-Lewin broke into the side a few years ago seeking to impress by being selfless, occupying every zone in the attacking third, more likely to receive the ball dragging a full-back wide than with his back to a centre-half.

Shortly after Ancelotti’s appointment the Italian made a critical, probably career-changing observation to his No 9. “He pulled me aside and said ‘You need to stay central’,” Calvert-Lewin revealed in the midst of a goal blitz before last season’s lockdown. “I’m not going to score near the corner flag.”
    Last line is almost right. I'm not going to score so may as well be near the corner flag

Do we look to playing to our winger Ogbene, Smithy on the end of a cross ball, with either Ladapo or Hirst looking to get goals from this, with a attacking midfield looking for the loose ball, the old fashion way, this may bring Smiths qualities out.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast