+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Sell smudge

Ladapo must have won 4x more flick ons then smudge on Saturday which is never good is it? I don't personally think Smith's goal tally is abysmal, in fact it compares very favorably to Revell's during his time here. I'd question why Ladapo was taken off and not Smith on Saturday though. I think Warney usually gets his subs about right but he got that one wrong.

Needs to up his game, Smudge. He has 3 strikers to compete with this time round in the championship, rather then none!

Quote Originally Posted by daveemiller View Post
    I don't personally think Smith's goal tally is abysmal, in fact it compares very favorably to Revell's during his time here.
    Smiths goal record is around 1 in 4, Revell's was around 1 in 6, and 2 of his seasons with us were at League two level.

Why are we discussing Revell? e've all moved on since Alex left so the concentration should be on Smith.

Pre season, I previously posted that Smith might be leaving. Blackburn of all teams were making enquiries. I wonder if that would still come off seeing as how Blackburn have set off well?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Why are we discussing Revell? e've all moved on since Alex left so the concentration should be on Smith.

Pre season, I previously posted that Smith might be leaving. Blackburn of all teams were making enquiries. I wonder if that would still come off seeing as how Blackburn have set off well?
    Because Smith was called a poor mans Alex Revell in the opening post?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Smiths goal record is around 1 in 4, Revell's was around 1 in 6, and 2 of his seasons with us were at League two level.
    Precisely! He's good for 7-10 goals at this level and 9-12 at the one below. I think calls to sell him are too far but with increased competition, he needs to up his form. I think there is an argument that we have a few more strings to our bow and don't just need to rely on flick ons from the big man. Equally, I think Ladapo benefits more sometimes from playing with someone else who runs in behind and creates space for him with decoy runs. Freddie needs to prove he is good enough to play with any of our other strikers at this level too though.

Scoring enough goals from open play is crucial to our chances this year. In my eyes, whichever of the strikers is scoring, is the one that should be starting! Currently that is none of them

So it’s not Blackman but Smith on here for this seasons scrapgoat? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I think it's the fact he isn't on drugs that's the problem. He definitely should be on some form of medication.
    I think Warney must be on something if he's seriously thinking about bringing Adelakun back! Any more signings in this window they've got to add something to the side. We've got enough players who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    So it’s not Blackman but Smith on here for this seasons scrapgoat? ��
    MT, it's looking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    MT, it's looking like that.
    I don't think Smudge is going to become a scapegoat at any point this season. He's a favorite with the manager and most of the fanbase. He's proved his worth ten times over and he will do again. Twice the player Revell was and half the player Moore was in my book. Best target man we have had on our books over a sustained period of time since Alan Lee. But I think we are right to question whether it HAS to always be Smudge up top on his own or Smudge + 1 other. We need to be adaptable.

No one can hear us boo on ifollow anyway
    Last edited by daveemiller; 21-09-2020 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daveemiller View Post
    I don't think Smudge is going to become a scapegoat at any point this season. He's a favorite with the manager and most of the fanbase. He's proved his worth ten times over and he will do again. Twice the player Revell was and half the player Moore was in my book. Best target man we have had on our books over a sustained period of time since Alan Lee. But I think we are right to question whether it HAS to always be Smudge up top on his own or Smudge + 1 other. We need to be adaptable.

No one can hear us boo on ifollow anyway
    Totally agree

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast