+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sell smudge

Must admit, I did expect to see Miller and Wiles for that sub.

I agree with the comparison between Smudge and Revs in that they both infuriate me by attacking every header outside the box but so few in it.
    But Smudge has been key to the shape we play in and we look a better team when he’s in it. Would like us to find a way to play with a couple of goalscorers up top but even then he will have a role to play at times. Crazy to suggest moving him on.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I'm teetotal, Revell scored probably the best goal I've ever seen and I'll always love him for that but I personally think he's one of the most overrated players we've ever had, I thought he was average in League two never mind in the championship.

We didn't sign Revell until 2011 so how we sold him to Cardiff 10 years ago I'll never know (it was 2015 actually). I think 300k was daylight robbery and I'm still amazed they bought him. Is Smith worth 300k? I think so. I think we'd struggle to sign somebody as good or better for that amount. Would a team like Cardiff be after him? probably not.
    I don't disagree with your assessment of Revell because he could be very, very frustrating. It's the "couldn't lace Smith's boots" comment I don't understand because that implies Smith is streets ahead of Revell and personally I don't think there's much in it.
    If we must constantly play with a target man I'd like him to be more mobile and have the ability to get 10 or more goals a season. That's not really a lot to ask of a striker.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Are you sure you're not describing Smith?

It's rare he actually wins the ball without giving away a foul.
    He does give away some fouls but nowhere near the amount that Revell did.
    Same with ending up on the floor and whinging all the time..

Smith (like most of our team) need to be better at winning fouls than giving them away. We give away alot of cheap fouls, albeit we have improved since last time in championship.

You don't like to see it, but it is part of the game and as you move up the league, the players are better at winning fouls (must have a foul winning coach). Feck me Cooper for them was good at it, whinging at the slightest of touches.

We need someone as good as Derbyshire was at winning fouls. Hirst showed he could do it when he came on.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I don't disagree with your assessment of Revell because he could be very, very frustrating. It's the "couldn't lace Smith's boots" comment I don't understand because that implies Smith is streets ahead of Revell and personally I don't think there's much in it.
    If we must constantly play with a target man I'd like him to be more mobile and have the ability to get 10 or more goals a season. That's not really a lot to ask of a striker.
    In my opinion he is streets ahead of Revell, but it’s just my opinion. We all see different things.

Maybe we,ll see Josh Kayode as a welcome addition to our squad in 12 months or so because he scored another scorcher yesterday for Carlisle.
    Maybe if we were in div one it might have been sooner

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    But in league 1 he scores look at last season.
    Let's get relegated again then

What has Revell got to do with the fact that Smith is not good enough?

And as far as winning fouls is concerned... WHAT?????
    ALL we need is someone who is good at scoring goals... a la Grabban; Le Fondre.
    If you're not good enough just go.. and give the wage to someone who is...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast