+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Sell smudge

I hope you are right Gaz but I just don't think we are skillful enough to unlock tight championship defences. And we can't afford the players who could do it. I accept we are very predictable but I can't see a way out of it with the resources we have. Maybe one day we will be able to change our style. If we can we will have really landed in the champ.

I seem to remember Stubbsy trying to play the quick passing game with players who weren't capable of doing it. Look where that got us...

I do think Barlaser would still make a difference tho a lot of our goals last season came from his pinpoint crosses and free kicks.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 21-09-2020 at 08:54 PM.

...on Saturday i thought that we played some good phases, but we seem to default back to the long ball game plan to quickly.

We wont stop this tactic while it's in Warnes' way of thinking.

Icky makes a boob and we're 1 down, goalie in no-mans land(why i dont know, he made Wallaces' mind up for him, and made it easy). I was just starting to think that he was commanding his box and looking confident........on to Brum....utm.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    ...on Saturday i thought that we played some good phases, but we seem to default back to the long ball game plan to quickly.

We wont stop this tactic while it's in Warnes' way of thinking.

Icky makes a boob and we're 1 down, goalie in no-mans land(why i dont know, he made Wallaces' mind up for him, and made it easy). I was just starting to think that he was commanding his box and looking confident........on to Brum....utm.
    I think some of the judgement on Blackman has been a tad harsh. He had just taken a free kick over by the left touchline and was probably making his way back to the area when suddenly the ball was on its way back, plus it was a pretty good finish in just 2 touches, not sure our strikers would be as clinical.

We found out last season against Tranmere at home, that the hoof ball did not work, 2 big centre halves had a field day against Smith,

You can't moan about the supply look at how many crosses got into the box it was like 36 against Millwall.

There was no complaints from me about the wingers and full backs.

There was just no one there to get a touch on it.

GAZ is right the big lump up field won't cut it in this league you need a bit of quality

Look how Hurst changed it when he came on there was anticipation and belief that he would score when he got the ball.

Well I beg to differ on this. I've seen the big lumbering Galleys a la Smith...
    What we need is a small, extremely fast little ALF in the box with Hirst, to feed off our great wing service.
    Sadly Proctor - who was 10 times the player predictable Smith is - was destroyed by that horrible injury.
    The days of John Galley went with the leather case ball.
    Hirst plus a fast poacher could be our future. But Smith never will be.
    And as Ive said before Keep Ypur Eyes On The Coyote... goal scavenger Josh will be something else...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567