+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Var

Var

Once again VAR in the headlines for all the wrong reasons. Questionable decision up at Goodison Park earlier today... and no doubt Man Utd fans will be fuming too following De Gea's penalty save vs. Palace.
    Its never worked as intended. I think many of us would glady go back to the days when decisions were hotly debated in the pub after the game, and not poured over by some faceless cretin in a portacabin in Sedgeley Park who has to rely on a ruler and set square to make a decision!!!

I would gladly go back to the football days of King Jeff and Bobby Hope. Totally different game now and not for the better. Perhaps it just reflects society?

The bottom line with VAR is that it has to be all or nothing, and there lies the problem. You can't just use it for obvious dubious decisions and therefore, as it did with yesterday's Everton's equaliser, it is going to pick up incidents that you couldn't blame the officials for not seeing. My personal opinion is that it is not enhancing the game and causes as much controversy as it eliminates. Players make mistakes, officials make mistakes; that's the way of things. Goal line technology, fine, but VAR, not for me.

Personally I hate it, no flow to the game and it has caused more of what is was intended to avoid - controversy. I'm 100% sure that wasn't a penalty at Old Trafford, it hit his chest.

I love it. The refs in this country are sh it.

Even when they have var they are ****, as the sheff utd goal showed at vile Park.

They couldn't see for themselves what clearly had happened and relied on a f ucking watch to tell them what their eyes couldn't.

Add to that greasy diving against Palace to deceive a penalty. Without var he would have got it.

But, in that instance our dog s hit refs fooooked up again and didn't book him for diving.

Forgive me continually using greasy as the example but he is a c???.

It doesn't slow the game down at all imo, as I'd rather have the right decision than the gary neville fouls on dorrans being unpunished.

Only problem for me is the offside are ridiculous and could easily be sorted out by stating offside is when there is clear air. That was the system before I think.

It would help too, if the refs took a look at the pitchside monitors; what that tw@t Dean didn’t do yesterday.

That's the arrogance of the man though, he thinks he knows better... whereas Kevin Friend has just shown the value of doing so during the Mags/Brighton game earlier this afternoon.

Still far from being a VAR fan... obviously. I think we should go back to the days of argument, controversy and honest mistakes. Goal line technology, as someone stated earlier, works great though 👍

Quote Originally Posted by 1060Albion View Post
    Still far from being a VAR fan... obviously. I think we should go back to the days of argument, controversy and honest mistakes. Goal line technology, as someone stated earlier, works great though 👍
    Does when the world needed it to work the most it failed it. Then the numpty p Rick's at stockley Park would not trust their own eyesight and overrule the error made.

There's a simple way of sorting out offside based on what BB said earlier.

There was always supposed to be "benefit of the doubt" going to the attacking player but I see precious little of this.

For me it's to declare that there has to be daylight between the attacker and the defender.

At the millisecond the ball is played forward if the attacker is in line with the defender's toenail or d I c k then he's onside.......if there's any daylight between the players then he's offside.

This is so simple it's untrue..........it's beyond unbelievable that in 2020 this hasn't been cleared up.

Refereeing at every level is dismal.

Take a look at around 1 minute 14 seconds of my non league sides Stourbridge 4-1 win at Hednesford yesterday to see a truly awful decision in favour of my side with their defender getting a straight red.

Some good goals in this match including a stunner at 5 minutes and 18 seconds by Greg Mills who was at Derby early in his career.

The refereeing though......Jeez!

https://youtu.be/rQrinZXGG4k

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)