+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Murderwell

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Taylor and Considine are fine in a back 10.
    Love how some take the opportunity to blame these two.

They were to blame for the ball hitting Watkins, for Lewis Miss-kicking the ball and for not picking up Mugabe and McCrorie being outmuscled (who the team would have prepared McKenna to pick up, hence McCrorie taking up that role with the late change)

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

They were to blame for the ball hitting Watkins, for Lewis Miss-kicking the ball and for not picking up Mugabe and McCrorie being outmuscled (who the team would have prepared McKenna to pick up, hence McCrorie taking up that role with the late change)

Considine was no better or worse than anyone else today but Taylor had an utter nightmare. For instance he gave away an unnecessary foul that led to the penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    Considine was no better or worse than anyone else today but Taylor had an utter nightmare. For instance he gave away an unnecessary foul that led to the penalty.
    Consi created our only chance...if McKenna is off then put him alongside Hoban and buy a proper LB

The quote was lifted from the bbc website as what he said on the radio before the match. I wasn't listening to radio so don't know if he was accurately quoted or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Has anything been said about when we found out McKenna wasn't playing?
    And whose decision that was?

Taylor has hardly played (has he played at all?) so this smacks of a last second change.
    McInnes loves Taylor so any chance to get him back in the team then he'll take it. I'm sure McInnes knew it was happening though. They could have played a back 4 since Considine and Taylor have been awful in a back 3 before and McCorie is so obviously better (as are we) in midfiled.

I saw lots of fouls from both teams.
    I agree though, conceding that early penalty and then Lewis's miss-kick meant the defence was nervous as hell.

Soft as a babies first ****e was the penalty, but if that is the modern game, then there needs to be consistency applied.
    Beaton will have been pissed off at the Huns dropping points and keen for the Don's not to get any closer and add further pressure on them.

From then on, it played right into Motherwell's as has done so often of late against them to be fair.

The boy Alan Campbell was immense, he is a wee dynamo and often gets the benefit of what appears to be too aggressive pressing. Players are often warned against diving in on the tackle, but he seemed to be getting stuck in and winning almost all of his presses. Man of the Match by a country mile and would be surprised if he's at Motherwell for too much longer

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

I can’t see why you would be trying to say 2 “experienced” defenders in a team who have just lost 0-3 have done nothing wrong.

If they were any good we wouldn’t have lost by 3 goals.

I can guarantee you if Hoban was playing we wouldn’t have lost 0-3.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I can’t see why you would be trying to say 2 “experienced” defenders in a team who have just lost 0-3 have done nothing wrong.

If they were any good we wouldn’t have lost by 3 goals.

I can guarantee you if Hoban was playing we wouldn’t have lost 0-3.
    He can play in goal too?

Well, I’ll go to the end of our street (subject to any future arbitrary lockdown arrangements).

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    He can play in goal too?

Well, I’ll go to the end of our street (subject to any future arbitrary lockdown arrangements).
    I appreciate the fact that Lewis was at fault today but you can’t say that any of the defenders had a good game today.

I’ve never seen defenders who have just conceded 3 goals getting defended so much on here.

What’s next,sticking up for the attackers who never had a shot on target

if McKenna goes then we definitely need a decent replacement . Splash some of the cash
    He can take his flatmate as well. Devlin remember him. Another sicknote.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I appreciate the fact that Lewis was at fault today but you can’t say that any of the defenders had a good game today.

I’ve never seen defenders who have just conceded 3 goals getting defended so much on here.

What’s next,sticking up for the attackers who never had a shot on target
    A header off the post though, by the boy who handled in the box for the penalty.

Criticism of the usual suspects by the usual suspects deflects away from the direct personal responsibilty for the concession of all three goals. It seems that some fans have an inability to murder their darlings when they have a bad day.

Meh.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast