+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Murderwell

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    A header off the post though, by the boy who handled in the box for the penalty.

Criticism of the usual suspects by the usual suspects deflects away from the direct personal responsibilty for the concession of all three goals. It seems that some fans have an inability to murder their darlings when they have a bad day.

Meh.
    I know that some fans have an inability to murder their darlings when they have a bad day because you are doing that by trying to defend Consi and Taylor

Not the case at all. Rather my criticism is of those who fail to apportion blame fairly, and revert to the dull and predictable scapegoating of players who seem to have had little to do with two appalling goals conceded other than being on the same teamsheet as those who ****ed up spectacularly in the first half.

It’s predictable, dull, and dishonest, but if it satisfies your need to belong to some sort of gang, you just crack on.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 20-09-2020 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Ring ring goes the bell

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I know that some fans have an inability to murder their darlings when they have a bad day because you are doing that by trying to defend Consi and Taylor
    Obviously a chance for the supporters who don’t support to bump their gums but what’s the logic? We win six games on the trot but today is the one which defines what the season will be? There is not a lot of statistical knowledge required to query that.

Taylor was poor, he usually is, but only in comparison to McKenna who has never received enough credit among the supporters. 22 aerial challenges in the games against Livingston, Hibernian and Kilmarnock, according to Optima, and McKenna won them all.

And what did Considine do wrong today? Most of the problems came down the other flank and the only real Aberdeen chance of the game was from a Consi cross right onto Watkins’ head.

McInnes should have played McKenna today...it was a mistake not playing him as it completely ruined our team line up. Folk will argue that they wouldn’t pick him as he could be away but until a deal is signed then we are paying his wages. Bad management again and it truly helped ruin our run.

It's Forest that are in for McKenna

What I will add is Watkins is never a striker in a million years.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McInnes should have played McKenna today...it was a mistake not playing him as it completely ruined our team line up. Folk will argue that they wouldn’t pick him as he could be away but until a deal is signed then we are paying his wages. Bad management again and it truly helped ruin our run.
    Difficult given I believe he was in Nottingham undergoing a medical today.

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    No commitment. Wrong ‘un. Sell him - oh, hang on...

Quote Originally Posted by rustlinsweetiepapers View Post
    What decent manager would let one of their main players away to speak to another team on the day of an important match? Terrible management. Nearly as bad as putting Ojo in the team!

It’s always a comfort when most of the zoomers gather on a single subject where you can keep an eye on them.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast