+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: ABERDEEN v Murderwell

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It’s obvious who was at fault for the goals but the first and 3rd goal were from set pieces and we looked all over the place defensively.

2 experienced defenders like those 2 should have been organising the team but they can’t.

I wasn’t trying to single them out,every one was poor I was merely pointing out if Hoban was playing I don’t think we would have conceded 3 goals.
    Hoban was marshalling the defence as soon as he came on.

How folk couldn't see that coming is complete blinkeredness. We've won games by the odd goal, and played about 2 decent games (Hibs and Viking) - even in both those games they had chances. Our defending is shocking as is our squad depth and i was always interested to see how we did if we went behind early, and we collapsed. We won a few league games by the odd goal and folk were on about the title FFS!

For me McKenna has been getting worse each week i've seen him so to get 3-5m in the current climate is good business. Classic heed the ba defender, which I guess is ok in Scotland but his positioning and awareness has always left a lot to be desired. Hoban a much better defender in the classical sense but his knee will be lucky to hold up. Taylor is a shambles but we've always known that.

McInnes saying he will get none of the Mckenna funds and that the signings we made were forward planning as they knew McKenna was going - so Cormack hasn't really went above and beyond for the club or team, he just gave a wee temporary loan to get a couple of players to make it look good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggios_Ponytail View Post
    How folk couldn't see that coming is complete blinkeredness. We've won games by the odd goal, and played about 2 decent games (Hibs and Viking) - even in both those games they had chances. Our defending is shocking as is our squad depth and i was always interested to see how we did if we went behind early, and we collapsed. We won a few league games by the odd goal and folk were on about the title FFS!

For me McKenna has been getting worse each week i've seen him so to get 3-5m in the current climate is good business. Classic heed the ba defender, which I guess is ok in Scotland but his positioning and awareness has always left a lot to be desired. Hoban a much better defender in the classical sense but his knee will be lucky to hold up. Taylor is a shambles but we've always known that.

McInnes saying he will get none of the Mckenna funds and that the signings we made were forward planning as they knew McKenna was going - so Cormack hasn't really went above and beyond for the club or team, he just gave a wee temporary loan to get a couple of players to make it look good on him.
    Monday morning blues is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Hoban was marshalling the defence as soon as he came on.
    I don't think we have conceded a goal this season while Hoban has been on the pitch, not that that means anything really.

Here's another meaningless fact...

In 2007 we lost 3-0 to Motherwell and 4 days later we went on to beat Copenhagen 4-0

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    I don't think we have conceded a goal this season while Hoban has been on the pitch, not that that means anything really.

In 2007 we lost 3-0 to Motherwell and 4 days later we went on to beat Copenhagen 4-0
    I'll take that.

Taylor was rubbish first time round and most fans were glad to see he back of him. Northampton Town ( hardly Real Madrid ) released him and McInnes brought him back! If he has been signed to replace McKenna we are truly stuffed. And Ojo has added nothing to our midfield in any game I have seen. Both are completely substandard and a waste of a wage.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post

It tells you that we are a better team when Hoban is playing.

It’s taken Mcinnes a long time to actually sign a decent centre back,it’s amazing what a difference it makes to the team instead of signing below par defenders like Taylor and O’Conner.

I only saw the Sportscene highlights, so don't feel very well qualified to comment, but it's clear that we don't have a ready made replacement for McKenna, unless Devlin both returns AND returns to the form he's shown at some points rather than what we've witnessed over the last 12 months or so (and who's to say, perhaps playing alongside Hoban can help him get back to what we saw in him originally). Taylor is cover, but no more than that, and Considine will never be strong enough to feature as one of 2 central defenders in my view. So we're looking at Devlin or McCrorie as the two centre backs or as 2 of 3 at the back with Considine, and as others have said, to get the most from McCrorie we really need him to be playing in midfield.

To me that looks very shaky. Hoban is an injury risk, Devlin is currently crocked. So what percentage of the time can we rely on pairing the two of them together (even assuming Devlin improves as a player)? For me, if we don't get a 3rd decent centre back then even if Devlin improves then any time he or Hoban are injured, we're going to be in trouble. So while 2 of the 3 goals against Motherwell were down to unforced errors, the broader defensive display suggests we'll start leaking goals. That in turns we need to start scoring more. Will be interested to see how Edmondson does now he's back, he's certainly not afraid to have a crack at goal from what the little we've seen of him so far.

As for Ojo, so far he's done nothing at all to demonstrate why McInnes keeps selecting him ahead of the competition. I can't say I've anything positive to say about him as regards this season's displays. I'd farm him out on loan and see if a run of games improves him.

A thought struck me yesterday as we huffed and puffed our way to the 90 minute mark with much ado about nothing....we're just not a comeback team, are we? And we never have been under McInnes. Can anyone mind a game under DM when we came back to draw or win from more than a goal down?

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    A thought struck me yesterday as we huffed and puffed our way to the 90 minute mark with much ado about nothing....we're just not a comeback team, are we? And we never have been under McInnes. Can anyone mind a game under DM when we came back to draw or win from more than a goal down?
    HUns last year.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast