+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Team looking good or what

1st Team looking good or what

Martynez
    Cash
    Konsa
    Mings
    Targett
    Luiz
    McGinn
    Hourihane
    Grealish
    Watkins
    Traore

subs
    Steer
    Guilbert
    Taylor
    Hause
    Nakamba
    Trez
    El ghazi
    Davis

Where do we need strenghtening?
    CG
    LM
    LB
    CF

I would like to see another midfielder, its a long old season and as we know, injuries will come!

Hourihane has to be on borrowed time, weak link regarding his lack of pace and inability to tackle. Targett also, as he is weak defensively. Replacements for both, but have Targett as back up LB.

A proper strike partner for Watkins would be a bonus.

All in good time exiled, we have to be mindful of the situation we were in last season, as Smith said we need to build a team, A culture. A lot of players gelled in the restart, we dont want every position changing, back up and competition yes.
    I put Hourihane in for balance but could easily have put Trez or Nakamba in there, switching McGinn on to the left side, that would give us the option to out Matty Cash right mid and Guilbert back at RB?
    We have options in this squad but need to keep the nucleus of the team from the back end of ladt term, that team played well and did the bizzo so. We know who's got to go but you must have a strong bench, we always said 4 or 5 quality additions, I think we are almost there

Been a good window this one, need another striker to provide competition plus cover, a LB plus better options to cover CB positions. We will still rely so much on Grealish, if he gets injured what's our plan B? CH not a regular starter and I'd have Guilbert as first choice RB with Cash playing RM.

Our strongest 11 will be good enough, what happens with injuries and suspensions will determine the depth of the squad, the jury's out on that for me.

Only team in top half to not concede a goal, only played 2 games and 4th in the league.
    Total 4 wins on the spin goals for 10 against 1....😁 beat Pool and we could go top....what the fluck!! Am I watching the same villa? Well, nearly the same Villa.

Great start to the season.
    UTV

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Hourihane has to be on borrowed time, weak link regarding his lack of pace and inability to tackle. Targett also, as he is weak defensively. Replacements for both, but have Targett as back up LB.

A proper strike partner for Watkins would be a bonus.
    He is one of our most underrated players and one of my absolute favourites.

I want to see Guilbert being given a chance at LB

THAT piece of skill by McGinn tonight was pure filth, a great team performance and good to see Ramsey getting some minutes in the PL.

Thought Traore in the short time he had was very good, good times at last!

THAT piece of skill was amazing!!

Yes X rated👀

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    He is one of our most underrated players and one of my absolute favourites.

I want to see Guilbert being given a chance at LB
    Not underrated as a squad member Sam, but still lacks pace and cannot tackle. One good game in 5 and a poor conversion rate for someone who takes every dead ball, doesn’t cut it in the Prem. Still, he had a reasonable game last night, so fair fux to him.

JM seems to be rediscovering his super-powers, he’ll be SJM again before we know it.

Good, professional team performance, we did well not to let them drag us down to their level; butchers! They kicked Brentford out of the play-offs and tried it again last night with us. Odoi is a thug, just like his manager, but without the small amount of skill.

Overall, I’m delighted.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)