+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New penalty rule

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The law that keepers should stay still on the goal line is hardly a new one. The FA obviously intend to tighten up an old law. It's important to understand the difference between a rule and a law.
    We have had a season of being offside by an elbow or big toe, now with this rule it is going to be similar,another farce with stoppage time.
    Watch the 2 pens in the Leeds Fulham game if they had been saved they would have been taken again. I can understand it when keepers are a foot or more off their line but De Gea was about an inch.

Another dreadful one given to Southampton against Spurs today..... completely accidental by Doherty but penalty awarded... shocking stuff really

It’s not hard for a keeper to stay on his line for a penalty.

The latest VAR controversy is more evidence that they should have left decisions to the on field ref. Football is not a game that is suited to technology, other than goal line decisions.

You can't get rid of penalties. What does need introducing into the game is common sense.
    This may be a difficult thing to introduce untill referees directives are adhered to.
    The ref has got decide if the hand or arm that the ball struck is in an unnatural position.
    It was quite clear yesterday that the ball struck the arm and the defender wasn't trying to gain an advantage.
    Player are cute these days and are flicking the ball up towards the arm.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    We have had a season of being offside by an elbow or big toe, now with this rule it is going to be similar,another farce with stoppage time.
    Watch the 2 pens in the Leeds Fulham game if they had been saved they would have been taken again. I can understand it when keepers are a foot or more off their line but De Gea was about an inch.
    A foot or one cm what is the difference ?

VAR did it’s job De Gea didn’t it’s that simple keep one foot on the line like Alisson didn’t today then there is no problem.

one thing that needs to stop though is players running up stopping then taking the penalty as keeper has to move.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It’s not hard for a keeper to stay on his line for a penalty.

The latest VAR controversy is more evidence that they should have left decisions to the on field ref. Football is not a game that is suited to technology, other than goal line decisions.
    When a keeper dives his momentum will take him slightly forward it always does. They will make it almost impossible to save one at this rate.

When a keeper dives his momentum will take him slightly forward it always does. They will make it almost impossible to save one at this rate.
    I believe the goalie is no longer allowed to move on the line either. May as well just award a goal the way it's going. I notice they aren't stomping on the weird hops they all seem to be doing, a lot come mighty close to not being one motion

Alisson saved one today "legally" from a player that had a 100% record and as I said before, they've made the rules more lenient for GK's but started enforcing them more strictly.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Alisson saved one today "legally" from a player that had a 100% record and as I said before, they've made the rules more lenient for GK's but started enforcing them more strictly.
    Well I hope it works, we don't want to see even more stoppages.

He could always stand behind the goal line.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast