+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Media reporting!

Media reporting!

I watched two media reports on our match v Everton, one on MOTD and one on Sky. They discussed in depth Gibbs' sending off, Bilc's altercation with Dean and Calvert-Lewin's hat trick. Let's face it all of his three goals were very ordinary, the first a back heel from two yards, the second with his studs, again from two yards, and the third, a missed header which went in off his back. There was absolutely no mention of the two best goals in the game from Diangana and Pereira. Says it all!

I agree with you whole heartedly. The media couldn't be objective even if hell had them. Lineker et al always singing the praises of the 'top six', but very reluctant to highlight the positives of the so-called lesser teams.
    Mind you I did revel in what Micah Richards had to say about Mike Dean on Final Score...
    “I think it’s Mike Dean. It’s all his fault. BIlić is not shouting and bawling. He’s gone to Mike Dean to have a conversation with him, and just look how arrogant he’s being. Mike Dean is making football about himself, and he doesn’t need to do that. If it was Sir Alex Ferguson, if it was Pep Guardiola, if it was Jurgen Klopp, he wouldn’t have sent him off, but because it’s Bilic he’s saying ‘know your place’.”
    I personally can't stand Dean and his higher than mighty attitude strutting around like a bloody peacock. A total ****** !!! ... you fill in the blanks 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by 1060Albion View Post
    I agree with you whole heartedly. The media couldn't be objective even if hell had them. Lineker et al always singing the praises of the 'top six', but very reluctant to highlight the positives of the so-called lesser teams.
    Mind you I did revel in what Micah Richards had to say about Mike Dean on Final Score...
    “I think it’s Mike Dean. It’s all his fault. BIlić is not shouting and bawling. He’s gone to Mike Dean to have a conversation with him, and just look how arrogant he’s being. Mike Dean is making football about himself, and he doesn’t need to do that. If it was Sir Alex Ferguson, if it was Pep Guardiola, if it was Jurgen Klopp, he wouldn’t have sent him off, but because it’s Bilic he’s saying ‘know your place’.”
    I personally can't stand Dean and his higher than mighty attitude strutting around like a bloody peacock. A total ****** !!! ... you fill in the blanks 🤔
    Could not agree more! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by 1060Albion View Post
    I personally can't stand Dean and his higher than mighty attitude strutting around like a bloody peacock. A total ****** !!! ... you fill in the blanks ��
    Spot on... if had been Klopp, Pep, Mourinho or any “top” manager.... there is no way any would have been sent off..... never liked him as a referee... wants to make it all about him....and putting “lesser” clubs in their place.....and shows like MOTD re-I force this..... Sky was more objective..... one pundit said Dean should have managed the situation much better..... no need to send Bilic off....

Thought the same at least they thought Bilic shouldn’t have been sent off!!

I watched match of the day and we didn't get a mention as they discussed Everton the whole time.

I don’t watch match of the day anymore. Totally refusing to watch BBC from now on. I bet you can guess my 101 reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Thought the same at least they thought Bilic shouldn’t have been sent off!!
    I rarely watch MOTD but I did watch it this week. I though Danny Murphy spoke up for Bilic very well saying he'd listened several times to the exchange and he though Mike Dean had got it completely wrong. It's a bit like penalty decisions, one rule for the big 5, one rule for the others. It's gonna be a long season folks

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)