+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 454,000

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    It wasn't a war, it is now.

The lies continue from confused and rudderless Govts bending stats to suit their own ends whilst livliehoods are destroyed, families are ripped apart and the I'll die alone......it's worth the fight to stop this madness.
    Might even end up in civil war - or certainly more unrest, especially when combined with other things that are going on in the world. Our society's already being ripped asunder over so called racial inequality based on a couple of incidents in a foreign country and on perceived crimes perpetrated 200 years ago by corrupt and incompetent governments on both sides but let's forget that the African leaders were dealing direct with the European traders and getting a slice as it doesn't fit the agenda.

I love all the graphics that show how you can spread Covid by sneezing, coughing, talking and singing and everyone jumping on it and declaring 'this is why we must wear masks' - none of them realising of course that you can't actually spread it by sneezing, coughing, talking and singing if you don't have it in the first place. But everyone in a population carrying less than 0.1% infection rate has to wear a face covering by oppressive law. Why? In case you have it and don't know? But it's supposed to be this horrendous virus that if you get it you're getting seriously ill, going into ICU and dying. Surely to **** if you have it you know you have it if it's that bad so can mask up and lock yourself into your bedroom?

Was in Doc's for food tonight and 'complied' with the rules simply because if we don't the place gets closed down, people lose their livelihoods and we can't go back to Doc's for food. You're OK to sit and talk without a face covering but FFS don't do it when you're on your feet. Most people weren't giving a **** but somehow I didn't feel threatened by them.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 20-09-2020 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    All of whom were sent to their deaths by corrupt and incompetent governments who accrued wealth for themselves and their chums off the back of their wars. Agree though, total respect and well done to all of them - gullible and unsuspecting as they were.

Covid is not a war, however due to poor early decision making by our corrupt and incompetent governments it continues to impinge on the lives of the 'normal man and woman' in our society whilst the rich just seem to be accruing more wealth on the back of it. I'm waiting for the first cry of 'Covid bombed our chipper' then we'll know just how out of proportion this whole thing has been blown.
    The SNP are corrupt and incompetent but you’d vote for them.

Strange.

Might even end up in civil war - or certainly more unrest, especially when combined with other things that are going on in the world. Our society's already being ripped asunder over so called racial inequality based on a couple of incidents in a foreign country and on perceived crimes perpetrated 200 years ago by corrupt and incompetent governments on both sides but let's forget that the African leaders were dealing direct with the European traders and getting a slice as it doesn't fit the agenda.

I love all the graphics that show how you can spread Covid by sneezing, coughing, talking and singing and everyone jumping on it and declaring 'this is why we must wear masks' - none of them realising of course that you can't actually spread it by sneezing, coughing, talking and singing if you don't have it in the first place. But everyone in a population carrying less than 0.1% infection rate has to wear a face covering by oppressive law. Why? In case you have it and don't know? But it's supposed to be this horrendous virus that if you get it you're getting seriously ill, going into ICU and dying. Surely to **** if you have it you know you have it if it's that bad so can mask up and lock yourself into your bedroom?

Was in Doc's for food tonight and 'complied' with the rules simply because if we don't the place gets closed down, people lose their livelihoods and we can't go back to Doc's for food. You're OK to sit and talk without a face covering but FFS don't do it when you're on your feet. Most people weren't giving a **** but somehow I didn't feel threatened by them.
    That's a good post.

Was in docs a fortnight ago must have been 50 in the bar.....I've not been in any establishment in dundee that's observing social distancing.

What the politicians think is happening and what's actually happening is night and day.

7 times as many folk have died this year with flu than covid in the UK.

Govt now talking of ripping up triple lock, freezing state benefits and freezing public sector pay (apart from nhs).

Civil unrest in the winter is unlikely but this country looks broken to me.

P.s 10000 at Dortmund game last night, zero deaths.

Yesterday I was speaking to a White Settler on Islay who is a fervent SNP and pro-independence supporter. As with the pro independence supporters they know it all.
    This person is in his early 80’s and we had a discussion about how to deal the Covid-19 virus.
    I told him that the wearing of masks was a waste of time as since the beginning of July 2020 when we were told to wear them in on public transport, in shops, pubs and restaurants the number of cases of people suffering from Covid-19 have steadily increased.
    I then told him about the discussion I had with a Public Health Scotland doctor after she had told me that my Covid-19 test was negative.
    I told him that I received answers to my questions which had never been published in the media by the politicians and health experts.
    He replied that he found that hard to believe.
    I asked him what percentage of the UK population the health experts expect to contract coronavirus. He replied 1-1.5%. I informed him that it is 7% with 93% not being affected but hundreds of thousands of people in the 93% are likely to lose their jobs.
    I then asked him which age group the health experts were trying to protect. He replied his age group which is the elderly. I replied that it is 30-50 age group. The health experts are not interested in the elderly which has been patently obvious with the number of people left to die in care homes.
    In hindsight I should have gone for the jugular and reminded him that ten residents of a care home in Skye were left to die from Covid-19 instead of transferring them to the intensive care ward in Raigmore Hospital in Inverness.
    This care home in Skye is situated in the Westminster constituency of SNP leader Ian Blackford.
    I will take the opportunity to remind this SNP and pro independence supporter the next time I happen to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Yesterday I was speaking to a White Settler on Islay who is a fervent SNP and pro-independence supporter. As with the pro independence supporters they know it all.
    This person is in his early 80’s and we had a discussion about how to deal the Covid-19 virus.
    I told him that the wearing of masks was a waste of time as since the beginning of July 2020 when we were told to wear them in on public transport, in shops, pubs and restaurants the number of cases of people suffering from Covid-19 have steadily increased.
    I then told him about the discussion I had with a Public Health Scotland doctor after she had told me that my Covid-19 test was negative.
    I told him that I received answers to my questions which had never been published in the media by the politicians and health experts.
    He replied that he found that hard to believe.
    I asked him what percentage of the UK population the health experts expect to contract coronavirus. He replied 1-1.5%. I informed him that it is 7% with 93% not being affected but hundreds of thousands of people in the 93% are likely to lose their jobs.
    I then asked him which age group the health experts were trying to protect. He replied his age group which is the elderly. I replied that it is 30-50 age group. The health experts are not interested in the elderly which has been patently obvious with the number of people left to die in care homes.
    In hindsight I should have gone for the jugular and reminded him that ten residents of a care home in Skye were left to die from Covid-19 instead of transferring them to the intensive care ward in Raigmore Hospital in Inverness.
    This care home in Skye is situated in the Westminster constituency of SNP leader Ian Blackford.
    I will take the opportunity to remind this SNP and pro independence supporter the next time I happen to meet him.
    Tell him that Agnes Robertson wishes that generation dead as they don’t vote SNP...apparently.

Just realised 30th Sept is when they have the emergency legislation rubber stamped so we can have another dead parrot parliment for 6 months.....that's why we have all the hullabaloo today....to keep parliment compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You really do write some absolute pish on here Islay, no wonder you got banned from TDB - four times I believe.

I am pro independence but do not think I know it all; I know what I know and that is all I know however when I learn something as fact that contradicts what I know it can change what I know. You are in fact the 'know it all' as once you've formed an opinion you believe it to be the absolute truth whether it is or not. Even when someone points out that you're completely wrong you dig your heels in and declare that you're right, nobody can ever convince you that there is even another way to look at something - it's your way or no way.

Don't tar everyone with the brush that you yourself have designed to do the tarring.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Tell him that Agnes Robertson wishes that generation dead as they don’t vote SNP...apparently.
    Yes, thought that was a particularly insensitive comment. Not sure that it is true as the young are really struggling with education problems and much much more difficult job prospects. It's the economy, stupid, was a comment that seemed to explain how Clinton managed to stay President. No such get out of jail card for any UK government.

You really do write some absolute pish on here Islay, no wonder you got banned from TDB - four times I believe.

I am pro independence but do not think I know it all; I know what I know and that is all I know however when I learn something as fact that contradicts what I know it can change what I know. You are in fact the 'know it all' as once you've formed an opinion you believe it to be the absolute truth whether it is or not. Even when someone points out that you're completely wrong you dig your heels in and declare that you're right, nobody can ever convince you that there is even another way to look at something - it's your way or no way.

Don't tar everyone with the brush that you yourself have designed to do the tarring.
    Deeranged.
    I deal in facts. You might not like what I post and that is your choice.
    You might accept what the SNP MPs and MSPs say as gospel but I know otherwise.
    Before the summer break at Westminster Ian Blackford the SNP leader boasted at Prime Minister’s Questions that the Scottish Government has
    scrapped parking charges at all Scottish hospital car parks.
    This of course is total rubbish as there are still parking charges in the Ninewells Hospital car parks.
    I sent Ian Blackford an email explaining that he was wrong as there were still parking charges in the Ninewells Hospital car parks but on this occasion he did not reply.
    He previously replied to my email about the closure of bank branches and how they could easily be replaced by the Bank’s mobile banking service.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    I assume that you mean Angus Robertson. He tired to get his girl friend selected to stand for election as an SNP list MSP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)