+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 454,000

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Deeranged.
    I deal in facts. You might not like what I post and that is your choice.
    You might accept what the SNP MPs and MSPs say as gospel but I know otherwise.
    Before the summer break at Westminster Ian Blackford the SNP leader boasted at Prime Minister’s Questions that the Scottish Government has
    scrapped parking charges at all Scottish hospital car parks.
    This of course is total rubbish as there are still parking charges in the Ninewells Hospital car parks.
    I sent Ian Blackford an email explaining that he was wrong as there were still parking charges in the Ninewells Hospital car parks but on this occasion he did not reply.
    He previously replied to my email about the closure of bank branches and how they could easily be replaced by the Bank’s mobile banking service.
    Seriously though what makes you think I blindly accept what the SNP MPs and MSPs say as gospel? I have to assume that because I've told you I support independence you assume I must be an SNP voter? Therefore you assume that as I'm (in your mind) an SNP supporter I must be narrow minded and incapable of free and independent thought. That is how you, in your mind have tarred all independence supporters, anyone that you know is an independence supporter must be a narrow minded moron that blindly accepts everything the SNP says as gospel without ever even applying their own thought processes or considerations to it.

That is what makes you the 'know it all' and it also, for me at least, makes you the narrow minded individual incapable of independent thought. Now normally I'd call such a person a moron but I know for a fact that you are not that so I certainly won't call you one. However you really are one frustrating individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Seriously though what makes you think I blindly accept what the SNP MPs and MSPs say as gospel? I have to assume that because I've told you I support independence you assume I must be an SNP voter? Therefore you assume that as I'm (in your mind) an SNP supporter I must be narrow minded and incapable of free and independent thought. That is how you, in your mind have tarred all independence supporters, anyone that you know is an independence supporter must be a narrow minded moron that blindly accepts everything the SNP says as gospel without ever even applying their own thought processes or considerations to it.

That is what makes you the 'know it all' and it also, for me at least, makes you the narrow minded individual incapable of independent thought. Now normally I'd call such a person a moron but I know for a fact that you are not that so I certainly won't call you one. However you really are one frustrating individual.
    Deeranged.
    You must be the exception to the rule as far as my dealings with pro independence supporters are concerned.
    The woman in charge of the shop where I get my Sunday newspaper from is very pro independence and will not accept anyone else’s point of view. It is her political view. No one else is entitled to their own opinion political opinion.
    A week come the Sunday after the latest set of GERS figures were published I asked her what she was saying about the latest GERS figures.
    She replied that they were Westminster Government propaganda and they were a lot of rubbish.
    If the GERS figures had been good she would have been boasting about them and telling all the Better Together supporters who use her shop that Scotland can easily be an independent country.

Deeranged.
    You must be the exception to the rule
    No, I'm just a normal person and there's nothing exceptional about me.

Deeranged.
    You must be the exception to the rule as far as my dealings with pro independence supporters are concerned.
    The woman in charge of the shop where I get my Sunday newspaper from is very pro independence and will not accept anyone else’s point of view. It is her political view. No one else is entitled to their own opinion political opinion.
    A week come the Sunday after the latest set of GERS figures were published I asked her what she was saying about the latest GERS figures.
    She replied that they were Westminster Government propaganda and they were a lot of rubbish.
    If the GERS figures had been good she would have been boasting about them and telling all the Better Together supporters who use her shop that Scotland can easily be an independent country.
    By the way Islay, whilst we're not on the subject, I travelled to Fishnish on Mull from Lochaline and back on Saturday via Calmac ferry. It was a very efficient journey in both directions, ferry left on time and the staff were very friendly. Couldn't fault it in that respect.

However I cannot understand the rule that says car drivers and passengers must remain in the car during the journey whilst motorcyclists and foot passengers are free to roam at leisure. I feel I was needlessly discriminated against in this matter and believe it's possibly something that should be addressed by Calmac.

Deeranged.
    Which papers do you take?

By the way Islay, whilst we're not on the subject, I travelled to Fishnish on Mull from Lochaline and back on Saturday via Calmac ferry. It was a very efficient journey in both directions, ferry left on time and the staff were very friendly. Couldn't fault it in that respect.

However I cannot understand the rule that says car drivers and passengers must remain in the car during the journey whilst motorcyclists and foot passengers are free to roam at leisure. I feel I was needlessly discriminated against in this matter and believe it's possibly something that should be addressed by Calmac.
    Hi Deeranged.
    I can only assume that this rule has been brought in due to the reduced number of passengers allowed on the Calmac ferries for each sailing to comply with the one metre distancing rule in place for passengers.
    If people remain in their cars for the duration of short crossings such as the Calmac Lochaline to Finnish sailing it allows more foot passengers and motorcyclists to travel on each sailing.
    I know that the number of people travelling on the ferries from Kennacraig to Islay have been drastically reduced. However car drivers and their passengers are not permitted to remain in their car during the crossing.
    As far as I am aware there have been no situations where cars cannot travel as there are too many foot passengers booked to sail on a crossing. In the case of the larger car ferries I would assume that there will be a restricted number of foot passengers permitted on each sailing as the money raised from vehicles is far more than from foot passengers.
    The weather was warm and sunny on Saturday and Sunday and I wore my shorts when I walked down for my Sunday paper.
    Next weekend it will be a lot colder and windy.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Which papers do you take?
    The Sunday Times which takes me all week to read.

No, I'm just a normal person and there's nothing exceptional about me.
    Nothing...apart from being an Anglophobe.

The Sunday Times which takes me all week to read.
    Interesting

Hi Deeranged.
    I forgot to say that if you wish to complain to Calmac I suggest that you email Don McKillop who is the Calmac Operations manager for Argyll and Lochaber. don.mckillop@calmac.co.uk or Robbie Drummond who is the Chief Executive.
    Unfortunately Calmac is owned by the Scottish Government and they do what Transport Scotland tells them to do.
    I previously contacted Don McKillop on Friday 5th June 2020 asking why there were no Sunday sailings to Arran, Mull and Islay but there was a request only ferry sailing on a Sunday to the island of Gigha which had a population of 160.
    I asked why the residents of Gigha were receiving preferential treatment and suggested that either a high up member of staff at Transport Scotland or Calmac had relatives living on Gigha or they owned owned a holiday home on Gigha.
    I never received a reply from Don McKillop as it was passed to Calmac customer care.
    However my email must have touched a ‘raw nerve’ in either Calmac Head Office or Transport Scotland HQ as the following Wednesday 10th June 2020 the Sunday sailings were reinstated from Kennacraig to Islay with the introduction of the latest emergency timetable commencing Monday 22nd June 2020. The residents on Arran and Mull did not receive the reintroduction of their Sunday sailings until the next emergency timetable commencing Monday 6th July 2020.
    The Islay Ferry committee had nothing to do with the reinstatement of the Sunday sailings from Kennacraig to Islay as the Secretary who is also the Secretary of Islay Community Councilhad previously told me in an email that I was being ridiculous expecting Calmac to put on a sailing on a Sunday to deliver the Sunday newspapers to Islay. He either gets his Sunday newspapers online or does not bother with them.
    At an Islay Community Council meeting in late June 2020 the Secretary announced that Sunday sailings to Islay had been restarted.
    The Secretary would have been quick to take the credit for the Sunday sailings from Kennacraig to Islay restarting if he had anything to do with it.
    If things concern myself or my wife I deal with it myself.
    Islay Community Council is the last place that I would ask for help as they are slow,slow, stop!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)