+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You can already see it now!

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    Quite true BT. We are in it and short of numbers and quality; but we knew that before the season finished!!! Miracles eventually run out. Still we all know where the problem lies and where the buck stops and it's NOT Dyche.
    As a non provoking question , does anyone know what other clubs are doing etc are they just reckless and spend it regardless or do they genuinely have the money.

I’m just asking because we seem to be banking money an awful lot though we’re told we are financially secure for years to come, what’s the dividends situation at our club are the directors drawing down monies but not releasing it to the manager or is it genuine that we’ve spent the money and aren’t willing to gamble in any way shape or form with what we have. ?

I’m a little bit lost with it as apparently were the perfect model to follow and yet we seem extremely stretched to me with personnel and finances.

Say we survive this season... will there be money to spend next summer?
    To me it surely seems like we have no money for transfers so we need to sell players before buying new ones. This year we didn’t sell Hart, Hendrick and Lennon, so no new players get signed. Next year we’ll sell Tarky, McNeil and Pope... so hopefully they’ll have a great season again this year and we make a lot of money. But we’ll need to buy at least 6-7 descent players IMO... plus pick up talents the big clubs release. Will that happen?? I have said for the last 3 years that our squad need strengthening, and have been amazed by how well we have done without... if we can do it yet again, Sean is nothing but a miracle man, but that must surely be the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by WillPark View Post
    Sean is nothing but a miracle man, but that must surely be the end of it.
    You've nailed it fair and square there imo Will, Sean has been working miracles, but expecting miracles to recur on an annual basis is not a recipe for long term success. But this seems to be our Chairman's long term plan for our survival at this level, or if he does indeed have another plan, he's keeping it vey close to his chest.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    As a non provoking question , does anyone know what other clubs are doing etc are they just reckless and spend it regardless or do they genuinely have the money.

I’m just asking because we seem to be banking money an awful lot though we’re told we are financially secure for years to come, what’s the dividends situation at our club are the directors drawing down monies but not releasing it to the manager or is it genuine that we’ve spent the money and aren’t willing to gamble in any way shape or form with what we have. ?

I’m a little bit lost with it as apparently were the perfect model to follow and yet we seem extremely stretched to me with personnel and finances.
    The audited accounts consistently show not one single member of our Board of Directors draws a dividend. In actual fact, it's not that far back that one certain Mr Nelson funded an entire pre-season bout of first team friendlies in Eire out of his own pocket.

This is just my own opinion, but I genuinely think Mike Garlick is scared shi-tless of the business running out of money, and I'll wager we need to sell Toekowski before he opens the purse strings.

No-one at Turf Moor is saying that, but I'll bet that's how the wind is blowing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)