+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You can already see it now!

You can already see it now!

I know not many games have been played as yet but look at the results so far; with the exception of UTD the gap between the "big clubs" as the rest looks bigger than ever in this premier league. They have all spent money and strengthened so we totally have 2 leagues in 1. The strong just look so much stronger with more quality and depth. The rest outside the top 8 really do look outclassed in comparison. Then we look at our club and our manager is expected to work miracles. We only have 4 fit recognised Midfield players and have been playing our reserve choice central defence and we have not kicked a ball as yet in the premier league. What a really poor effort this is by our brilliant boardroom! If we don’t plan to stay in the premier league than what’s the boards plan, because life outside the premier league look a whole lot worse for many years to come thank to out invisible foes from Wuhan. I think the lower leagues will have to consolidate to survive financially. Does anybody see any logic in what we are doing????
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 20-09-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Calm down Deadlydave,we haven't played a game yet and we are not in the bottom 3 (I haven't checked but I don't think so.)

Transfer window closes 5th Oct.

Relax and look forward to the season and we will be in this League next year,don't panic it's not good for you.

The gap between the so called elite clubs and the likes of us has been gradually getting bigger for a long time. It’s going to get even wider in years to come. It’s nothing new.We go into each season with one thing in mind - to finish 17th or above. The way we’ve managed to achieve this in recent years is nothing short of miraculous. I have no time for doom and gloom merchants on this messageboard. My glass is always half full. With the best manager in the land in charge, it’s hard to think of anything else, other than this time next year, we’ll still be playing where we are now, even if we hit some turbulence in between.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    I have no time for doom and gloom merchants on this messageboard.
    Me Neither.

I'm not worried about what the other teams are doing; we are short of numbers and if we don't rectify this problem soon, it's going to be one long, hard slog to fight off relegation.

That is not being pessimistic, just realistic. Right now we need "oven ready" replacements for JBG and Brady and quick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'm not worried about what the other teams are doing;
    I am, it's looking increasingly likely that this is going to be a season where our best hope is that there are three teams worse than us. Last season there were ten worse than us and we were fine, I suspect the number will be a lot less this time around and I'll be watching the rest of the dregs in this division hoping to see three in an even worse state than we are. It's early days yet but at the moment WHU, Fulham, WBA and Southampton look like they'll give us a run for our money, Southampton will probably pull clear but we don't know about Villa yet, they could join in the fun. I'll be watching their results with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I am, it's looking increasingly likely that this is going to be a season where our best hope is that there are three teams worse than us. Last season there were ten worse than us and we were fine, I suspect the number will be a lot less this time around and I'll be watching the rest of the dregs in this division hoping to see three in an even worse state than we are. It's early days yet but at the moment WHU, Fulham, WBA and Southampton look like they'll give us a run for our money, Southampton will probably pull clear but we don't know about Villa yet, they could join in the fun. I'll be watching their results with interest.
    I meant with their spending sinkov. Everton for example have spent boat loads and I can't see the sides in bottom half of the EPL spending anywhere near that amount of Wonga.

I meant with their spending sinkov. Everton for example have spent boat loads and I can't see the sides in bottom half of the EPL spending anywhere near that amount of Wonga.
    I don't worry about what other clubs spend either BT, Villa must have spent £80m, Leeds £40m and you can be certain all the others will have spent more than us, but Fulham chucked an absolute fortune at it a couple of years ago and still went down. It's what they do on the field, their results I worry about, because anywhere like 10th place is well out of our reach this season given the dire state of the squad, 17th will do me but we might need 3 clubs to implode for that to happen.

I can see ten clubs in a mini-league to avoid relegation. We are in it.

I can see ten clubs in a mini-league to avoid relegation. We are in it.
    Quite true BT. We are in it and short of numbers and quality; but we knew that before the season finished!!! Miracles eventually run out. Still we all know where the problem lies and where the buck stops and it's NOT Dyche.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)