+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Two changes

Two changes

Grimshaw and Long for McGinley and Lang, Campbell fit to play.

Why play Mugabi today when he cant play on Thursday. IMO it would have better to have left him out and play Lamie and Gallagher in a back 4 and allow them to iron out any problems before Thursday

Okay hands up I got it totally wrong re Mugabi COYW

Fair play to everyone, who knows where that performance came from...a bit of luck involved with the goals but we certainly earned the good fortune.

Not that we'll dwell on it, but not for the first time McInnes left me scratching my head. Okay, a bad start and 0-3 but surely he watched our game from Thursday? Go 2-4-4 or 2-3-5 and launch it, he's seen we can't defend properly, scramble one and we'd get very nervous. Instead they just kept passing in front of us to almost no effect for 90 minutes...if we nicked a fourth it would hardly have mattered, then he could have shut up and taken the medicine. Bizzare.

Anyway, the table looks a bit better this evening!

"Who knows where that performance came from"

I said on here after the Accies defeat a few weeks ago, that Robinson always manages to pull a big result out of nowhere when the pressure is really on, usually against Hibs, St.Johnstone or Aberdeen, and lo-and-behold, our three best results this season have been a draw against Hibs at Easter Rd, and a win against both St.Johnstone and Aberdeen. That said I would not have envisaged us winning to convincingly up there, so well done to all. It's always great beating that lot and getting it up their media cheerleaders on Radio Scotland though, so a good day all around.

That's true.

We've only lost once in the last five now and ignoring that defeat at Celtic, we've only conceded from the spot while scoring 11. Stats, eh.

In a way we're lucky that we have two tough games coming up, we can keep the style which we used today. I suspect it's not a coincidence our two best performances this season have been at ER and Pittodrie where there was no pressure on us to make the play.

If our next two games were Accies and United at home, would you feel any more confident we wouldn't come unstuck again in exactly the same way? Not really...

There's no point in worrying about hypotheticals though when we'll have enough genuine concerns again soon. Time to enjoy a couple of lots to win, nothing to lose games before the real pressure returns with St Mirren and Killie.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)