+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    The Maroons of County Banffshire are away to the Chuffers this week in the opening league fixture, therefore no spectators due to the Garioch being in Spinal Tap 2. Presumably because when the Chuffer strips are washed in the Ury, the good bughers of upstream Pitcaple have already pished in the burn in a pre-emptive strike.

It seems that the HL clubs have some sort of tacit agreement that away fans from a 25-mile radius of the fixture will be ‘welcome’* to attend.

* normal exclusions apply
    How will they police that?

I fully plan on heading to Keith v Wick on, 2/1 so Wee Man can pop his Kynoch cherry

Fort William said if the away team is from a tier one area its fair game for fans to travel

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    How will they police that?

I fully plan on heading to Keith v Wick on, 2/1 so Wee Man can pop his Kynoch cherry

Fort William said if the away team is from a tier one area its fair game for fans to travel
    They can’t police it, obviously, and since the whole of the league’s area is in either Spinal Tap 1 or 2, the risks are minimal. I think it’s to discourage travel generally, especially where shared cars have been identified as an influence on the spread of the jandies in the processing plants in Buchan, and the cow and Peppa factory in Portlethun.

If some individual from Grantown decides to drive to Wick, I doubt that some Harmjobsworth’s going to tell him or her that their tenner’s not welcome.

They can’t police it, obviously, and since the whole of the league’s area is in either Spinal Tap 1 or 2, the risks are minimal. I think it’s to discourage travel generally, especially where shared cars have been identified as an influence on the spread of the jandies in the processing plants in Buchan, and the cow and Peppa factory in Portlethun.

If some individual from Grantown decides to drive to Wick, I doubt that some Harmjobsworth’s going to tell him or her that their tenner’s not welcome.
    Always good to see the use of jandies. They never mention about it down here in weeg, probably because they are so used to it

I hope to get a Scottish cup game on the 26th of Dec too. If anyone's left in. No way anyone will get turned away surely

I hope to get a Scottish cup game on the 26th of Dec too. If anyone's left in. No way anyone will get turned away surely
    Whilst taking nothing for granted, Keith are at home to Fort William on 12 December, and are in with a shout of getting to the next stage on Boxing Day.

I'm 50 miles from Kynoch Park, so I suppose that I really should bide at hame. A 25-mile circle around Keith would mean the limits would be places like Wartle, Old Rayne, Tormore, Hopeman, and Knockandhu.

Whilst taking nothing for granted, Keith are at home to Fort William on 12 December, and are in with a shout of getting to the next stage on Boxing Day.

I'm 50 miles from Kynoch Park, so I suppose that I really should bide at hame. A 25-mile circle around Keith would mean the limits would be places like Wartle, Old Rayne, Tormore, Hopeman, and Knockandhu.
    I noticed the Fort game but I'm hell bent on going to a Scourie game this season in the NCL. They are easily sneakable too so that will be the 12th v Bonar Bridge

Buckie v the Dons in the Aberdeenshire Cup has been cancelled until after our governments’ “**** the consequences, we’ll let the drones meet and smit each other with the jandies to divert attention to the utter ****ing sotter we’re making of everything” slavishly-trailed festive free-for-all. This is due to the current SFA jandies scandal (“we wash our hands of it, as health advice erm...advises, so blame some other ****s, nae us”), the first team pool injury list, and the concomitant call-up of youth players to the first team pool.

It’s a funny old game (except for Only An Excuse).

I noticed the Fort game but I'm hell bent on going to a Scourie game this season in the NCL. They are easily sneakable too so that will be the 12th v Bonar Bridge
    I went to St Duthus v Thurso. It was good game has the home side recovered a two goal deficit. There's a photo of St Duthus playing Brora on the St Duthus Wikipedia page but that's taken across the road. They've since returned to their 'spiritual home` 50 metres away. I' m considering Invergordon v Golspie on the 5th. I saw Golspie last year in the Scottish Cup at Spain Park.

Maroons v Huntly next Wednesday, then Nnnnnern at home on Saturday. Potential three-game week upcoming, if I can summon up the be-botheredness to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I went to St Duthus v Thurso. It was good game has the home side recovered a two goal deficit. There's a photo of St Duthus playing Brora on the St Duthus Wikipedia page but that's taken across the road. They've since returned to their 'spiritual home` 50 metres away. I' m considering Invergordon v Golspie on the 5th. I saw Golspie last year in the Scottish Cup at Spain Park.
    Alot of folk watching?

Im definitely up for a couple this next time home. Never done a NCL game.

Scourie could could be a cold one on the 12th

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast