+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Dazzling b’astard.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Dazzling b’astard.
    Two goals, one a penalty, held up play well to bring others into the game. Just another evening for Cammy, in his final season (we'll see) before retirement.

He was dazzling in scoring all five against Covid Rangers in the Scottish Cup in 2006, and in netting a hat trick in that season's League Cup final as Keith slaughtered Buckie, leaving them with **** all but the manky polyester fashion crime of the tainted green hooped shirts in which they perspired in vain.

Just another day at the office for the loon.

I’m also a bit concerned that Simon the Uncaring Capitalist Running Dog’s marketing tossers (tautology alert) appear
    to be targeting advertising to particular contributors (and I hope their creaking site gets the photie in the correct orientation this time).

Name:  6EBA1B91-18DB-4219-B04A-7FA37D0C103D.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  9.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I’m also a bit concerned that Simon the Uncaring Capitalist Running Dog’s marketing tossers (tautology alert) appear
    to be targeting advertising to particular contributors (and I hope their creaking site gets the photie in the correct orientation this time).

Name:  6EBA1B91-18DB-4219-B04A-7FA37D0C103D.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  9.0 KB
    Ha, ha, that’s Christmas sorted!

Keith v Nairn cancelled today due to the Heelanders' MacSporrona virus.

Although that renders the afternoon wholly pointless, for those who care:

Brora 5 Wick 1

Huntly 1 Deveronvale 1

Meh.

I was wanting to attend the Wick Academy match against Musselburgh next week but have to buy a ticket in advance from an outlet either in Thurso or Wick but I don't know anyone up there.. If anyone can assist then I would be most grateful...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I was wanting to attend the Wick Academy match against Musselburgh next week but have to buy a ticket in advance from an outlet either in Thurso or Wick but I don't know anyone up there.. If anyone can assist then I would be most grateful...
    Vendors are (from www.fitbanorth.com):

“Caithness Print Solutions—Lower Dunbar Street Wick.
    Overloch Car Parts - Breadalbane Terrace Wick.
    Harpers Fly Fishing - 57 High Street Thurso.
    Harmsworth Park - Sat, Mon, Wed and Fri from 11am to 1pm.

Wick is a very accommodating club, so I’d take the chance on phoning them and asking if you can book a ticket and pick it up on the day. Everything’s set up to be traceable, so I’d suggest you’re in with a fair shout of securing one that way. I was at school with their ex-chairman, a Glenlivet loon and enjoyed a catch-up with him at Kynoch Park last season or the one before, but I don’t have any personal content details. Take a chance on phoning the club. I’m sure they’ll help.

Aye, thanks, I did contact the Wick Academy chairman. A thoroughly decent sounding chap too but he couldn't reserve a ticket for me. He said he had 200 of the 300 sold and he had Musselburgh fans trying to get tickets which he refused. He said that if someone could get me a ticket from the above outlets that would be fine but he couldn't reserve. It was fair enough really. I could take a chance and go up anyway and see if I can get one before midday but I'll have to stay up in Wick on Saturday night as I was taking the bus up. Therefore, it's a bit expensive to go up without being guaranteed a ticket.

But he said, when I do finally make my way up at some point in the future, to make myself known and he'll buy me a dram.

Probably just go to Clach instead now...

Aye, thanks, I did contact the Wick Academy chairman. A thoroughly decent sounding chap too but he couldn't reserve a ticket for me. He said he had 200 of the 300 sold and he had Musselburgh fans trying to get tickets which he refused. He said that if someone could get me a ticket from the above outlets that would be fine but he couldn't reserve. It was fair enough really. I could take a chance and go up anyway and see if I can get one before midday but I'll have to stay up in Wick on Saturday night as I was taking the bus up. Therefore, it's a bit expensive to go up without being guaranteed a ticket.

But he said, when I do finally make my way up at some point in the future, to make myself known and he'll buy me a dram.

You used to be able to stand on the hill with the car park that overlooks the ground and see in. Not sure if thats the case now.

I'd try some of the other outlets to see if they'll reserve one for you. If you pay over the phone by card, they're guaranteed the dosh even if you don't pick it up, if that's a concern to them.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, fortune favours the brave, once more into the breach, do the Shake N Vac, lice, lice as big as ****ing mice, rage, rage against the dying of the light etc.

Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast