+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    10? TEN?? Thats embarassing,Keith are truly p!sh eh?
    I blame Thatcher
    Apparently 5 of the team were at a wedding so missed the match. Not sure how much of a difference that might have made

Vintage ,is the playing squad that bad or was / is there problems that lead to this ? .
    Last week's result was bad ,but this weekend , well just horrendous.

Six out injured, one at a wedding is the info I got. Average age of the back four was 18. Two sendings off.

When I looked at the team sheet, I only recognised Hutchie and Selfie as last season’s regulars of the 15 listed. The rest all seem to be Kyles or Kierans, meaning they’re about 12 or something.

Losing Cammy, Spinky, Trigger and Craig McAskill, all of whom decided to retire/move on at the same time is a big loss, especially with the effects of the jandies financially means that it’s hard to buy or finance ready replacements.

Maroons though.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 08-08-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Nae good ,even worse having Buckie doing the pumping .
    Long season ahead for maroons or you think get the missing players back and should be ok?
    That defeat must've done damage to moral and confidence of youngsi though.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Nae good ,even worse having Buckie doing the pumping .
    Long season ahead for maroons or you think get the missing players back and should be ok?
    That defeat must've done damage to moral and confidence of youngsi though.
    Too little experience in the squad. Bottom four, I think. Mugsy’s (Michael Brown, 1990s right back and current Director of Fitba) is taking over until we appoint a new team, and he has a good way with youngsters, but I suspect that a good half dozen who played yesterday just arena ready to play at first team level yet.

Dolly Parton’s “If you want the final of the Aberdeenshire Cup, you gotta put up with hale watter pishing doon on Balloch Road jist afore the kick-off” seems apt in the circumstances.

Maroons min.

Think ye may need to order more Gosling 151 for comfort over coming months

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Think ye may need to order more Gosling 151 for comfort over coming months
    I’ll see if I can get it on prescription as an aid to avoiding potential mental health issues associated with attending Highland League matches. It’s probably cheaper than methadone or Naloxone.

Let me know how that goes 🤣

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I’ll see if I can get it on prescription as an aid to avoiding potential mental health issues associated with attending Highland League matches. It’s probably cheaper than methadone or Naloxone.
    Oocha .... a sair ane min, a beast tae get ower - Ah wid offer ye a wee selection o' ma home made painkiller wine, but it's prob nae strong enough!

Ye might want tae get in contact wi a certain Mr McGhee and ask if he can advise ye regardin' yer nearest 'Summarily Horsed Anonymous' support group.

Dinna ken much aboot them, ither than, instead o' a 12 step progression, they tend tae focus only on 3 points

We may be depending on callow loons and mere yirlins to occupy The Sacred Maroon currently, but the toon's tourist potential has received a real boost.
    Name:  sharapova(1).jpg
Views: 277
Size:  9.0 KB

Unfortunately, Alistair the butcher (our dog's hero when I was a loon) died just a few weeks ago.

Game, set, match, and a stone of potted heid Miss Sharapova.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast