+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What I know about highland league football you could write on the back of a stamp, but I will say 21 straight wins at any level is a remarkable achievement. They must have a decent manager?
    Their manager is young lad by the name of Graeme Stewart (Spider) used to play for Caley, and as you say pal 21 wins on the bounce is a decent achievement at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I was given a name on Saturday night, and the age profile would fit, but confidentiality, due process etc means that the identity won’t be common knowledge until plod/the prosecutor decides.

I do imagine that everybody in Keith will know already, small town gossip and that.
    Aye, young Matty was reciting some of the game last night. Sounds like a typical Keith v Huntly derby.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Aye, young Matty was reciting some of the game last night. Sounds like a typical Keith v Huntly derby.
    I had a quick word with him just before the game kicked off (not the biggest kick-off of the day unfortunately) to ask if he was OK following his heid-on double-dunter with Niz-Not-Nidds on Wednesday. A fine loon.

Crikey i read about that in the press down here. As vintage says it will be common knowledge in the community anyway.

The ginger wizard came off the bench today, and immediately won a penalty, with the centre half harshly sent off.

Impact sub.

Cmon Wick
    and while we're at it Cmon Clach kick the flock out of Forres
    Last edited by Br0chred; 13-04-2022 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Cmon Wick
    and while we're at it Cmon Clach kick the flock out of Forres
    Thickie Bustle equalised in injury time. Red card for one of their players. Broch play Forres at the Brochery on Saturday needing only a point to win the league in former Maroon Gary Harris’s last game before retirement.

I was hoping Clach would win, but it was a 3-3 draw after they were a couple behind to the Mex. If the Chocolates had lost tonight, Keith would have been all but guaranteed to finish above them since their final game is to be whipping boys at Bellslea. Keith will take **** all from their final two aways at Rothes and Brora.

Buckie ungraciously losing in the cup final on Saturday, and blowing their outside title chances tonight is a Hearts 1986-style collapse. Never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Thickie Bustle equalised in injury time. Red card for one of their players. Broch play Forres at the Brochery on Saturday needing only a point to win the league in former Maroon Gary Harris’s last game before retirement.

I was hoping Clach would win, but it was a 3-3 draw after they were a couple behind to the Mex. If the Chocolates had lost tonight, Keith would have been all but guaranteed to finish above them since their final game is to be whipping boys at Bellslea. Keith will take **** all from their final two aways at Rothes and Brora.

Buckie ungraciously losing in the cup final on Saturday, and blowing their outside title chances tonight is a Hearts 1986-style collapse. Never mind.
    95 f@cking mins of injury time,play on until they score like those other c@nts that play in the hoops

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    95 f@cking mins of injury time,play on until they score like those other c@nts that play in the hoops
    I do think that their paranoia, their infantile sense of entitlement, and libellous online attacks on people associated with other clubs and organisations when they don't get their own way, seems somehow to be embroidered into the fabric of those horrid rugby jerseys.

Too many of them support both, and swap "glory-hunting" barbs with the ten year olds in blue with whom they profess to have some sort of rivalry whilst their respective directors tug each others' tadgers as there's money in it.

Eeeew.

Broch are champions.

Well done Finlay Noble, Mark Cowie, Willie West who I coached when he was outstanding at a very young age, and Gary Harris, former Maroon who is retiring now.

These play-offs will be interesting.

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast