+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

I swung in past Claggan Park for a nosey yesterday as I was in the area.

Bumped into a Fort dude. He was saying there are talks of a split HFL this season.Then a Playoff at the end for the overall champion

Heard anything about that Vintage

Nothing I’m familiar with, but the longer it goes on with an inflexible blanket ban on admission of spectators by people who have not an earthly about the game, the less likely is it that the league season will start at all.

There’s talk of playing the regional and League cups, but I can’t see PPV fixtures between Clach and Rothes or Vale and Huntly even beginning to wash their faces financially.

We’re now effectively in winter with the clock change, and the longer this farce goes on, the less chance there is of any meaningful Highland League competition taking place. That also means that the chances of some clubs failing to survive increases. Houston’s already said that it’ll be considered a success if we emerge without at least one club going bust.

One size fits all and mother knows beat, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Nothing I’m familiar with, but the longer it goes on with an inflexible blanket ban on admission of spectators by people who have not an earthly about the game, the less likely is it that the league season will start at all.

There’s talk of playing the regional and League cups, but I can’t see PPV fixtures between Clach and Rothes or Vale and Huntly even beginning to wash their faces financially.

We’re now effectively in winter with the clock change, and the longer this farce goes on, the less chance there is of any meaningful Highland League competition taking place. That also means that the chances of some clubs failing to survive increases. Houston’s already said that it’ll be considered a success if we emerge without at least one club going bust.

One size fits all and mother knows beat, of course.
    A truly sad state of affairs. Its ****e to hear that clubs will fold but its inevitable.

One thing England have got right is getting lower leagues up and running. Various caps on crowd size depending on county but out of experience I have been to County Durham x4, Tyne and Wear and Cumbria. 150 in CD, 150 in T&W and 300 in Cumbria. Only one was sold out, 150 at Consett.

Social distancing adhered to.

Masking adhered to

Social club rules adhered to

Plenty sanitizers available.

This happened at every ground. Less contact with humans at the fitba than at the pub or Tesco for definite

Carlisle City's Gilford Park is 13 miles from Gretna 2008s Raydale.one is allowed 300 the other nothing. Its a load of *******s

There has not been a breakout at a Northern League game. Fact. Nobody has been contacted due to track and trace. This league is being played in a high risk area too

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    A truly sad state of affairs. Its ****e to hear that clubs will fold but its inevitable.

One thing England have got right is getting lower leagues up and running. Various caps on crowd size depending on county but out of experience I have been to County Durham x4, Tyne and Wear and Cumbria. 150 in CD, 150 in T&W and 300 in Cumbria. Only one was sold out, 150 at Consett.

Masking adhered to

This happened at every ground. Less contact with humans at the fitba than at the pub or Tesco for definite

Carlisle City's Gilford Park is 13 miles from Gretna 2008s Raydale.one is allowed 300 the other nothing. Its a load of *******s

There has not been a breakout at a Northern League game. Fact. Nobody has been contacted due to track and trace. This league is being played in a high risk area too
    How it should be. Now that the FM has her Spinal Tap tiering system (ooor goes up tae 4 wi 5 tiers in it), the confusion between the differing systems in place between Carlisle and Gretna will be worthy of televising on its own if they have a suitable in situ camera on the M6/74 at the border.

Cormack said or hinted last week that he feels the refusal to allow 1000 Fitba Connoisseurs into Pittodrie (or lesser slums) is 'political'. I'd like to find out exactly what he means.

The refusal to allow spectators into senior fitba at HL level looks stupid, and based on poor information/decision-making rather than political, but our local representatives in Holyrood are compliantly silent on the matter. That'll be because Oor Kevin has the fire alarm farce to worry about, Lochhead is still dumfoonert about the predictable jandies outbreaks in halls of residence and student flats, McDonald is tidying his desk before the election, as is Stevenson, Martin is swotting up on LGBTQ issues since her sacking before she was appointed, Burnett is a Tory **** who probably prefers egg-chucking or grouse murder, Fergus Ewing is struggling to decide what day it is and which sock fits on which of his hands, Kate Forbes probably thinks fitba is the de'il's work and that matches on the Sabbath will bring locusts, pestilence and that down on the heads of communities, and Gail Ross is busy trying to change her name so that her 'Dead Loss' rhyming slang nickname can be allowed to die.

These clubs are small businesses, important centres of their communities, dependent on sponsorship, hospitality and gate income to survive, some from month-to-month, even pre-jandies. It must be critical if I'm concerned that even the hated entitled billy big-ba's Locos will be struggling.

Apart from that, I'm pretty ambivalent about the situation.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 27-10-2020 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Summer's almost gone

That’s an interesting synopsis of yer travels in TRF min. Well done.

Extra bonus points, a free pickled ingin, and extra crispy batter scraps for the use of ‘chipper’.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    That’s an interesting synopsis of yer travels in TRF min. Well done.

Extra bonus points, a free pickled ingin, and extra crispy batter scraps for the use of ‘chipper’.
    Cheers min

A fine fish supper it was too

A great few excursions. Roll on December so I can get airborne on the A68 en route to Crook Town

Aye, that’s a road that Codona’s might have constructed. The Carter Bar border crossing for those who like barriers and invisible lines making ower there different from ower here.

Name:  093FA6E3-E639-4EFA-ACF2-49B20CAA3E45.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  11.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Masking adhered to

I took a train down to Carlisle yesterday from Glasgow for a wee day out. Had a wander around, a few beers (quite a few) and a bite to eat. Was great just sitting in a pubs which even had music playing in the background. Anyway I mentioned this to a mate as i knew he'd been down at Carlisle City a few weeks ago. Turns out he met you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I took a train down to Carlisle yesterday from Glasgow for a wee day out. Had a wander around, a few beers (quite a few) and a bite to eat. Was great just sitting in a pubs which even had music playing in the background. Anyway I mentioned this to a mate as i knew he'd been down at Carlisle City a few weeks ago. Turns out he met you!!!
    Donald?

No. A wee guy. Mark.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast