+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Highland League 20-21

First three rounds of fixtures announced (subject to governmental blah blah blah etc)

Only 16 fixtures for each club (luck of the draw for home/away) so I hereby declare that the title will be tarnished, unless by some heretofore unseen miracle Keith win it.

October 17
    Brora v Locos
    Buckie v Clach
    Vale v Rothes
    Pitmedden v Huntly
    Forres v Turriff
    Ft Wm v Lossie (postponement likely)
    Nairn v Les Maroons
    Wick v Grantown
    Nae game: Broch

October 24
    Buckie v Forres
    Pitmedden v Nairn
    Huntly v Brora
    Locos v Clach
    The Maroons v Ft Wm
    Lossie v Wick
    Rothes v Broch
    Turriff v Vale
    Nae game: Grantown

October 31
    Clach v Huntly
    Vale v Buckie (with socially-distanced fechting)
    Forres v Locos
    Ft Wm v Pitmedden (expect postponement)
    Broch v Turriff
    Nairn v Brora
    Grantown v Lossie
    Wick v Maroons
    Nae game: Rothes

Whilst due to the volume of crowds being unlikely to cause an infection risk if abody behaves (take note, Buckie), there’s still a feeling that some ****ing Holyrood busybody who has zero knowledge of the League, will take it upon him/herself to subjrct the clubs to unteasonable measures, or ban fans from attending altogether. Egg-chasing former fee-paying school attendees’ sense of entitlement will not be affected, the ****ing middle class knobs.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 21-09-2020 at 07:46 AM. Reason: By the light of the silvery moon

Looks like the League fixture list’s been kicked into touch until November ie it’s ****ed.

The risks for supporters are minimal. Ground capacities comfortably exceed attendances.

Queuing at turnstiles is no different from queuing at the Co-opy checkout.

Egress and dispersal of crowds can be easily managed.

One size fits all as far as the unimaginative lamebrains at Holyrood are concerned, and I’ve not heard one utterance from an MSP representing the catchment area.

Rod Houston said last week that if all 17 clubs are still in existence at this time next year, that will be regarded as success. I fear he’s in for a disappointment.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...-measures/amp/
    Last edited by 57vintage; 28-09-2020 at 09:11 PM.

The Broch were a stick on for the title as well

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    The Broch were a stick on for the title as well
    They would certainly be in the running.

Of course, I taught Willie West everything he knows when he attended the SFA courses in the late 90s.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 29-09-2020 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Distracted by a terrific Charlie Duncan foul-mouthed rant

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    They would certainly be in the running.

Of course, I taught Willie West everything he knows when he attended the SFA courses in the late 90s.
    I was at school with his dad!

Big Willie and wee Willie?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Big Willie and wee Willie?
    Nah, he was called Pudding

Willie’s auld man was fine. Drove in from Inverallochy with the loon and stayed on for the sessions, never getting involved, leaving the coaches to get on with their job, and never failing to express thanks at the end.

That illusion was shattered somewhat one Saturday at Bellslea when he was in the company of around a dozen Charlie Duncan-influenced linguists, word and grammar-perfect in profanity.

It was directed at the referee, possibly Mr Matthew Northcroft, believed to be a former frequenter of these here virtual parts, who had made some minor indiscretion over a throw-in near the half-way line.

The industrial language was almost baroque in its decorative variety and delivered with the force and spleen of a thrash-metal ‘vocalist’ with his testicles being manipulated by a pair of pliers.

Bravo, West Sr, bravo.

Gerry Hassan is another of those media luvvies like Fat Nationalist Brian of the Neck-About-To/Explode-In-A-Cholestorol-Fountain, and Jim Spence, currently doing a good job as Rector of Jute University in trying to get answers from its in-hiding senior managers, and from the bristly FM herself (dinna hold your breath), who has sone sort of affinity to TSMSTITS, but his column in today’s Scottish Review gets it absolutely correct. That is, he agrees with me.

Dundee United is the bolt-hole of those who feel that they need to feign an interest in fitba, but who cannot go for the full-fat option (Brian goes for full-fat everything else by the kip of him) which actually takes a bit of knowledge and understanding about the game.

To paraphrase Wodehouse’s Bertie Wooster (on being introduced to - as I remember - his pal Gussie Fink-Nottle’s new fiancée), “It seems that he made his choice without walking the full length of the counter”.

https://www.scottishreview.net/GerryHassan540a.html
    Last edited by 57vintage; 30-09-2020 at 11:42 AM. Reason: There was lice

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Willie’s auld man was fine. Drove in from Inverallochy with the loon and stayed on for the sessions, never getting involved, leaving the coaches to get on with their job, and never failing to express thanks at the end.

That illusion was shattered somewhat one Saturday at Bellslea when he was in the company of around a dozen Charlie Duncan-influenced linguists, word and grammar-perfect in profanity.

It was directed at the referee, possibly Mr Matthew Northcroft, believed to be a former frequenter of these here virtual parts, who had made some minor indiscretion over a throw-in near the half-way line.

The industrial language was almost baroque in its decorative variety and delivered with the force and spleen of a thrash-metal ‘vocalist’ with his testicles being manipulated by a pair of pliers.

Bravo, West Sr, bravo.
    I think there must be something in the Broch air that lends itself to verbal assaults on linesmen, although it seems to have followed me around since departing

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast