+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I'd try some of the other outlets to see if they'll reserve one for you. If you pay over the phone by card, they're guaranteed the dosh even if you don't pick it up, if that's a concern to them.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, fortune favours the brave, once more into the breach, do the Shake N Vac, lice, lice as big as ****ing mice, rage, rage against the dying of the light etc.
    It did eventually dawn on me that I should phone the outlets but only after I bought by ticket for Clach. What a dough ball I am...I'm going to go up on the Friday, enjoy a pint or three and go to the Loch Ness vs Alness United match on Friday night. Although everything will probably be waterlogged apart from Wick...

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    You used to be able to stand on the hill with the car park that overlooks the ground and see in. Not sure if thats the case now.
    The chairman mentioned that some of the Musselburgh fans were checking Google Maps and asking him about the view from outside the ground. I didn't fancy going all the way up and standing outside the ground though although I don't know the set-up, perhaps it offers a better view than pitch side...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    It did eventually dawn on me that I should phone the outlets but only after I bought by ticket for Clach. What a dough ball I am...I'm going to go up on the Friday, enjoy a pint or three and go to the Loch Ness vs Alness United match on Friday night. Although everything will probably be waterlogged apart from Wick...
    Loch Ness play on plastic so there will be no water logging there

0800 inspection tomorrow at the Undisputed Home, to allow Fort William the courtesy of cancelling travel in the likely event of postponement.

As it’ll still be near darkness in the good burgh at that early hour, I think the methodology adopted will be to throw a big stone from the groundsman’s kayak into the deepest puddle and convert the audio volume of splash into some calculation on the club sectetary’s adding machine to determine the result.

On the other hand, it may be that the local official employed to arbitrate will look oot his window at 0745, and phone the chairman with the message, “I’m fuucked if I’m going oot in that. Game off”.
    Last edited by 57vintage; 11-12-2020 at 09:40 AM. Reason: As influential as Archimedes

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    Aye, thanks, I did contact the Wick Academy chairman. A thoroughly decent sounding chap too but he couldn't reserve a ticket for me. He said he had 200 of the 300 sold and he had Musselburgh fans trying to get tickets which he refused. He said that if someone could get me a ticket from the above outlets that would be fine but he couldn't reserve. It was fair enough really. I could take a chance and go up anyway and see if I can get one before midday but I'll have to stay up in Wick on Saturday night as I was taking the bus up. Therefore, it's a bit expensive to go up without being guaranteed a ticket.

But he said, when I do finally make my way up at some point in the future, to make myself known and he'll buy me a dram.

Probably just go to Clach instead now...
    Wick v Musselburgh called off. Rescheduled for Tuesday, I understand.

That’s a tough journey on a week night. If it avoids a second postponement, of course.

Thanks to some hitherto unparalleled meterological sorcery, the sun rose above the Cairds Hill overnight, resulting in a concentrated heatwave on Balloch Road. Some still-paralytic random local official seems to have been dragged from the detritus of mock chop supper wrappers and Piper Export tins on his settee, to take one bleary-eyed look at the Undisputed Home’s verdant green sward and declare, “Aye, it’ll tak a stud”.

An Andy Smith sliding tackle in the underfoot conditions will be interesting. I’ll be wearing shinguards, and I’ll be behind the fence. Usual position, offering tactical advice to the New Maroon Vision inner cabinet in the home dugout.

Proper Mannies’ fitba.

Wick v Musselburgh called off. Rescheduled for Tuesday, I understand.

That’s a tough journey on a week night. If it avoids a second postponement, of course.
    Thank the lord I didn't attempt venturing up then... I'm in the Black Isle Bar pre-match waiting to go to Clach against the French outfit Caledonian Braves. I got five goals last night with Alness United beating Loch Ness United 4-1 but didn't get a post-match pint because it was last orders at 21:30. I thought I had went back to the 1970s...

Thanks to some hitherto unparalleled meterological sorcery, the sun rose above the Cairds Hill overnight, resulting in a concentrated heatwave on Balloch Road. Some still-paralytic random local official seems to have been dragged from the detritus of mock chop supper wrappers and Piper Export tins on his settee, to take one bleary-eyed look at the Undisputed Home’s verdant green sward and declare, “Aye, it’ll tak a stud”.

An Andy Smith sliding tackle in the underfoot conditions will be interesting. I’ll be wearing shinguards, and I’ll be behind the fence. Usual position, offering tactical advice to the New Maroon Vision inner cabinet in the home dugout.

Proper Mannies’ fitba.
    "Aye, it'll take a stud"... .. Very good, that post made me chuckle when read in alongside the previous one

Even if his contract is up at the end of the season, and not for renewal, a poor way to treat a club legend, Dippy has resigned from the Deveronvale dugout already.

A club that seems to be in a right sotter (again) and which is suffering by being bolted on at a crazy angle to “Aberdeenshire” whose Covid status bans paying spectators from matches.

Poor stuff all round.

Even if his contract is up at the end of the season, and not for renewal, a poor way to treat a club legend, Dippy has resigned from the Deveronvale dugout already.

A club that seems to be in a right sotter (again) and which is suffering by being bolted on at a crazy angle to “Aberdeenshire” whose Covid status bans paying spectators from matches.

Poor stuff all round.
    I saw that. It's made out to sound like it was amicable but i doubt it.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast