+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Wick v Musselburgh called off. Rescheduled for Tuesday, I understand.

That’s a tough journey on a week night. If it avoids a second postponement, of course.
    In the grubber again. One would almost think that with the Harmsworth Slope, the water would have continued to prove Newton’s theory valid by gurgling towards Thrumster by now.

To be played on Saturday (19.12) in line with the protocol that SFA’s premium competition’s matches take precedence over the league’s own skirmishes.

No travelling from Spinal Tap Control Zone 3 now, peasants. Unless it’s essential, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I saw that. It's made out to sound like it was amicable but i doubt it.
    Dippy's one of the good guys. Hard as ****, gobby and belligerent. I even once had a conversation with him about the differences between metric and imperial measurements as he was waiting to take a throw-in while some fanny was being treated for an anal strain.

Vale won their first-ever title (at Kynoch Park, the rascals) in 2003. At Harlot Park a couple of weeks later, the Maroons beat them in the League Cup final. Andy Shearer had the game of his life in goal. At the end, the Vale players came across to the covered terrace to thank their fans for a memorable season's support, and Dippy, near to tears, lobbed his boots into the crowd. I comfortably caught one and handed it to a wee Vale fan. Dippy appreciated the gesture, and gave me a thumbs-up. Good lad.

This sporting exchange didn't, however, dissuade the Valley Boys from roaring a most unsporting chant of "DARREN STILL, YOU'RE A W@NKER" as our indefatigable skipper lifted the trophy.

Dippy's one of the good guys. Hard as ****, gobby and belligerent. I even once had a conversation with him about the differences between metric and imperial measurements as he was waiting to take a throw-in while some fanny was being treated for an anal strain.

Vale won their first-ever title (at Kynoch Park, the rascals) in 2003. At Harlot Park a couple of weeks later, the Maroons beat them in the League Cup final. Andy Shearer had the game of his life in goal. At the end, the Vale players came across to the covered terrace to thank their fans for a memorable season's support, and Dippy, near to tears, lobbed his boots into the crowd. I comfortably caught one and handed it to a wee Vale fan. Dippy appreciated the gesture, and gave me a thumbs-up. Good lad.

This sporting exchange didn't, however, dissuade the Valley Boys from roaring a most unsporting chant of "DARREN STILL, YOU'RE A W@NKER" as our indefatigable skipper lifted the trophy.
    Molby missed a pen in that final did he? Possibly on a hatrick too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Molby missed a pen in that final did he? Possibly on a hatrick too.
    I canna mind, min. Maybe that’s why I recall Andy Shearer playing a blinder, if he saved it.

We beat Covid Toonsers in the Qualifying Cup final at the same midden that season, and both finals have merged into a single Gartly’s 99 of sensory delight, and the fine detail escapes me.

Its one of Molbys regular stories at work. Pretty sure Shearer saved it in the last minute. Also if Ian had scored it was his 50th of the season

Clach 2 Chuffers 4

Pitmedden 2 Nrn 1

Broch 13 (THIR-FUUCKIN-****) Turriff 1

Nothing else happened.

Maroons legend and former manager Dean Donaldson appointed manager at Turriff United.

Good luck min.

Maroons legend and former manager Dean Donaldson appointed manager at Turriff United.

Good luck min.
    he's going to need loads of fkn luck to turn Turriff around

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    he's going to need loads of fkn luck to turn Turriff around
    Well, he has a good start in not being the previous two belligerent post-holders Ross Jack or Kris Hunter.

Good luck min.
    Seconded. He is a good dude

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast