+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highland League 20-21

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was wanting to attend the Wick Academy match against Musselburgh next week but have to buy a ticket in advance from an outlet either in Thurso or Wick but I don't know anyone up there.. If anyone can assist then I would be most grateful...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I was wanting to attend the Wick Academy match against Musselburgh next week but have to buy a ticket in advance from an outlet either in Thurso or Wick but I don't know anyone up there.. If anyone can assist then I would be most grateful...
    Vendors are (from www.fitbanorth.com):

“Caithness Print Solutions—Lower Dunbar Street Wick.
    Overloch Car Parts - Breadalbane Terrace Wick.
    Harpers Fly Fishing - 57 High Street Thurso.
    Harmsworth Park - Sat, Mon, Wed and Fri from 11am to 1pm.

Wick is a very accommodating club, so I’d take the chance on phoning them and asking if you can book a ticket and pick it up on the day. Everything’s set up to be traceable, so I’d suggest you’re in with a fair shout of securing one that way. I was at school with their ex-chairman, a Glenlivet loon and enjoyed a catch-up with him at Kynoch Park last season or the one before, but I don’t have any personal content details. Take a chance on phoning the club. I’m sure they’ll help.

Aye, thanks, I did contact the Wick Academy chairman. A thoroughly decent sounding chap too but he couldn't reserve a ticket for me. He said he had 200 of the 300 sold and he had Musselburgh fans trying to get tickets which he refused. He said that if someone could get me a ticket from the above outlets that would be fine but he couldn't reserve. It was fair enough really. I could take a chance and go up anyway and see if I can get one before midday but I'll have to stay up in Wick on Saturday night as I was taking the bus up. Therefore, it's a bit expensive to go up without being guaranteed a ticket.

But he said, when I do finally make my way up at some point in the future, to make myself known and he'll buy me a dram.

Probably just go to Clach instead now...

Aye, thanks, I did contact the Wick Academy chairman. A thoroughly decent sounding chap too but he couldn't reserve a ticket for me. He said he had 200 of the 300 sold and he had Musselburgh fans trying to get tickets which he refused. He said that if someone could get me a ticket from the above outlets that would be fine but he couldn't reserve. It was fair enough really. I could take a chance and go up anyway and see if I can get one before midday but I'll have to stay up in Wick on Saturday night as I was taking the bus up. Therefore, it's a bit expensive to go up without being guaranteed a ticket.

But he said, when I do finally make my way up at some point in the future, to make myself known and he'll buy me a dram.

You used to be able to stand on the hill with the car park that overlooks the ground and see in. Not sure if thats the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by vasilyrats86 View Post
    You used to be able to stand on the hill with the car park that overlooks the ground and see in. Not sure if thats the case now.
    The chairman mentioned that some of the Musselburgh fans were checking Google Maps and asking him about the view from outside the ground. I didn't fancy going all the way up and standing outside the ground though although I don't know the set-up, perhaps it offers a better view than pitch side...

Wick v Musselburgh called off. Rescheduled for Tuesday, I understand.

That’s a tough journey on a week night. If it avoids a second postponement, of course.

Thanks to some hitherto unparalleled meterological sorcery, the sun rose above the Cairds Hill overnight, resulting in a concentrated heatwave on Balloch Road. Some still-paralytic random local official seems to have been dragged from the detritus of mock chop supper wrappers and Piper Export tins on his settee, to take one bleary-eyed look at the Undisputed Home’s verdant green sward and declare, “Aye, it’ll tak a stud”.

An Andy Smith sliding tackle in the underfoot conditions will be interesting. I’ll be wearing shinguards, and I’ll be behind the fence. Usual position, offering tactical advice to the New Maroon Vision inner cabinet in the home dugout.

Proper Mannies’ fitba.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Thanks to some hitherto unparalleled meterological sorcery, the sun rose above the Cairds Hill overnight, resulting in a concentrated heatwave on Balloch Road. Some still-paralytic random local official seems to have been dragged from the detritus of mock chop supper wrappers and Piper Export tins on his settee, to take one bleary-eyed look at the Undisputed Home’s verdant green sward and declare, “Aye, it’ll tak a stud”.

An Andy Smith sliding tackle in the underfoot conditions will be interesting. I’ll be wearing shinguards, and I’ll be behind the fence. Usual position, offering tactical advice to the New Maroon Vision inner cabinet in the home dugout.

Proper Mannies’ fitba.
    "Aye, it'll take a stud"... .. Very good, that post made me chuckle when read in alongside the previous one

Even if his contract is up at the end of the season, and not for renewal, a poor way to treat a club legend, Dippy has resigned from the Deveronvale dugout already.

A club that seems to be in a right sotter (again) and which is suffering by being bolted on at a crazy angle to “Aberdeenshire” whose Covid status bans paying spectators from matches.

Poor stuff all round.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Wick v Musselburgh called off. Rescheduled for Tuesday, I understand.

That’s a tough journey on a week night. If it avoids a second postponement, of course.
    Thank the lord I didn't attempt venturing up then... I'm in the Black Isle Bar pre-match waiting to go to Clach against the French outfit Caledonian Braves. I got five goals last night with Alness United beating Loch Ness United 4-1 but didn't get a post-match pint because it was last orders at 21:30. I thought I had went back to the 1970s...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast