+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby away 26/09 match thread

I didn't see the match but that's a brilliant result!

We looked absolutely brilliant.
    This high press of ours is on the money and Dolan looks like the real deal.
    0-4 at derby?thankyou sir I will have some of that.

As I said before I love the high press. We'll get caught out sometimes though

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    15 min and 3-0 up
    We have a chance of a point here!

Saxo I'm at Lake Garda
    👍👍👍🙂
    Which commune ?

Bardolino

This was a Sky game - not iFollow, which was a relief for me, as we had a family birthday-party on Saturday and a late night. I wouldn't have fancied a 2 o'clock alarm. (I'd have probably got it wrong anyway, because the clocks went on last night!). So I went for the easy way-out and recorded it.
    What a performance! The only thing wrong was our shooting! And, weirdly, Armstrong was off his game for the first 70 minutes.
    A team has to be supremely fit to to play the "high press" as well as that, and a couple looked knackered in the last ten minutes.
    How far did Brereton run in that game? He gave his markers a nightmare. If he can be calmer in his finishing, he won't look like a waste of money after all.
    Lots of people played well, but I thought Holtby was brilliant. He controlled the centre, made lots of tackles, sprayed attacking passes and ran miles.
    The best midfield performance in a Rovers shirt for a long time.
    Playing this style, we ARE going to concede goals. There's no doubt about that. But against vulnerable defences, we are always going to have a team under pressure.
    It will be interesting to see what Mowbray does when faced with teams playing nine back. That's where we've struggled in the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    This was a Sky game - not iFollow, which was a relief for me, as we had a family birthday-party on Saturday and a late night. I wouldn't have fancied a 2 o'clock alarm. (I'd have probably got it wrong anyway, because the clocks went on last night!). So I went for the easy way-out and recorded it.
    What a performance! The only thing wrong was our shooting! And, weirdly, Armstrong was off his game for the first 70 minutes.
    A team has to be supremely fit to to play the "high press" as well as that, and a couple looked knackered in the last ten minutes.
    How far did Brereton run in that game? He gave his markers a nightmare. If he can be calmer in his finishing, he won't look like a waste of money after all.
    Lots of people played well, but I thought Holtby was brilliant. He controlled the centre, made lots of tackles, sprayed attacking passes and ran miles.
    The best midfield performance in a Rovers shirt for a long time.
    Playing this style, we ARE going to concede goals. There's no doubt about that. But against vulnerable defences, we are always going to have a team under pressure.
    It will be interesting to see what Mowbray does when faced with teams playing nine back. That's where we've struggled in the last two seasons.
    That will be our challenge next game imo.. I'm sure they'll stick 9 men behind the ball and try to frustrate us

Saxo - you're probably right, but I think we might get quite a lot of penalties this season, with Armstrong, Brereton, Dolan, Rothwell, Chapman and - later - Dack running AT defenders.

Totally off-topic. Did you see the Everton "penalty"?
    I totally agree with Roy Hodgson. This handball rule cannot be right!
    You'd have to be an amputee in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwo View Post
    15 min and 3-0 up
    We have a chance of a point here!

Saxo I'm at Lake Garda
    Lovely down in Garde. Sven if you go anywhere near Abruzzo let me know. My parents lived down there for 15 years and we know the area very well.

I cant really add anything other than I was completely wrong. And I'm more than happy to be eating my words. Johnson has really stepped up. Those forward 3 are really hard to play against. I always felt Holtby was going to be key in us having s good season. I still feel they need another CM incase Johnson struggles or gets injured
    But we are destroying teams. And its fantastic to watch.
    This Dolan has got to be signing of the season. Maybe worth getting him on a good contract more than £300 a week!! Or we could risk losing him.
    If they could get shut of Dack then now would be the time. He doesn't get in this side now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)