+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Villans 1 Blades 0

I’m with you Dave. Happy with Cash but was also happy with Fred and Elmo up to a point. The left back position is more of a concern for me. Jack had a quiet game last night. He was always going to be the key to unlock a stubborn defence but fell a bit short of his usual brilliant best. A win is a win though. This season should be a bit more positive. UTV.

Considering this was Cash's first game at this level he did well, quite often the foreign players take a good bit of time to adjust to english football so taking good talent from lower leagues is less of a risk. It would be great to see him playing as a RM or RW as has been suggested as the link up with Fred would I think be good.

Trez and CH for me are not good enough for the starting 11, it leaves whoever is in the central striker role feeding off scraps instead of pulling defenders out of position which makes us easy to defend against. I know Targett isn't everyone's cup of tea, the pen was harsh but I feel he would be more effective as a left mid with a decent LB behind him which then brings Jack into the middle.

I’m also of the opinion that Super John McGinn is now just John McGinn. Doesn’t seem to be the same player since his injury. Could be a positional issue but he doesn’t have the same influence on a game.

Maybe fairer to judge him after about a dozen games it maybe a confidence thing.

He had a bad injury, lacked match fitness after returning and as the games went on he started to look like his old self. This is our first game back and he's also no longer got dodgy players behind him so is having to adjust his game a bit now that Luiz has come of age.

Their was a couple of glimpses of Super JM but yes, he needs to get back to his old self and that will take time, he may be holding back in fear if a reaccurance?
    Again Cash did ok, not jumping on him but I do remember Freddies debut and he was electric!
    We need another striker, just over a week to go, some rumours about Sarr and Milner but me thinks just paper talk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)