+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is possibly very simple life in ascending order of distance from the sun ......

There is possibly very simple life in ascending order of distance from the sun ......

..... in the atmosphere of Venus, on / beneath the surface of Mars, beneath the icy surfaces of Europa (moon of Jupiter) and Enceladus (moon of Saturn).

All that is needed is indisputable scientific evidence / proof.

If there is any life of the most simple category in our solar system (other than on Earth) this will indicate to astro-biologists that there is an abundance of life in the universe, even if only a tiny percentage of the estimated 70,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets contain life.

I think it's fairly obvious our galaxy is teeming with life, everywhere life can exist - it will.

The real fundamental question is about intelligent life. I don't see any evidence of that, anywhere, even on this planet.

Life is not hard to create, just think of when you were thir****. What is hard is to create the conditions in which life can thrive, it took one mother too create a Universe in which physical life can exist. You have dominion over every living thing. Can you imagine what life would be like if we had predators?

Give thanks you are human. Look beyond the mundane. Looking for life in the Universe is a bit like Einstein playing with a train set.

By the way Piglet, why are you playing with us?, we all know you will finish top.

The predator / prey contest is interesting in terms of evolution. If the predator hardly ever caught the prey it would be bad for both species because the predator species would go extinct by starvation and the prey would not have the pressure to evolve. If the predator always caught the prey it would be bad for both species because there would eventually be no prey left and the predator would starve.

So, both predator and prey evolve, keeping a suitable balance in the contest.

Evolution does not prioritise the brain. A species may most need to have sharper claws, stronger limbs, better heart, better eyes,
    better ears, more sensitive nose, better fins, any of these being a higher priority than a bigger brain.

Piglet's point about there being life throughout the universe but possibly no intelligent life is interesting.
    One reason may be that throughout the universe there may be a Great Filter. Wherever life evolves it may
    reach a level before becoming intelligent / technological, at which stage it gets wiped out. We may have
    passed this stage and we may be the only civilisation to have done so. Or the Great Filter may be ahead of us.

Evolution does not prioritise the brain, what a statement. This means that the Universe is stupid, and its creation is stupid. After all, who would throw a line in a river when you could build a super trawler. I would not, but you see what im saying.

Like with predator and prey, everything has a balance, the chances of our existence being like it is is not calculable. Its like hitting a target first shot with the chances one in a one, and almost infinite noughts.

There is a creator, a god. We have dominion over all things, in all of us there is a bit of god, as there is in all things. To push things even further, a stone in your garden is conscious. Everything is alive to some degree.

The theory of life beginning in hot rock pools is nonsense, everything lives anyway. And you and i have reached the heady heights of being human, celebrate. You are not a snail or a gila monster.

You are a spirit having a physical experience. Your consciousness is a small percentage of the unconscious. You are more than you think. Good news eh.

Of course evolution does not prioritise the brain. The evidence from millions of years ago to the present time for all known life shows that to be true.

If you wish to contradict that then presumably you must be more of an expert on the matter than such evolutionary biologists as the late Charles Darwin and the currently formidably knowledgeable Richard Dawkins and his ilk.

Whilst Dawkins is not much liked by religious people there can be no question about his knowledge of evolutionary biology. His view is that science always trumps unsubstantiated belief because science is absolutely not about belief, it is about evidence and proof.

I am not contradicting evolution, why is that important? Green algae or whatever it was, coated this world for many millions or billions of years, forgive me if i miss a few billion, or add a few gazillion.

Humans have dominion, over algae as well, but it cant have been always the case. We are on an evolutionary path to the creator, the reason why.

To live for millions of tears as algae is still having a physical experience, a very base form, but still physical.

How else can you pass eternity, even though time does not exist. To suffer and experience heaven, it gives a veneer of meaning to something that has none, because it never ends.

Nothing really matters.

Evolution does not prioritise the brain. So, you now recognise that which Darwin and Dawkins have proved to be true?
    I do not believe that there is a God (of any variety) and I do not believe that there is a heaven.

A brain cannot exist without the correct housing. So it must. The brain is the car in which the driver sits, or the soul. I dont believe in what you believe in, so there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)