+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: He’s not that type of player

He’s not that type of player

How many times have we heard that bullshît from a manager defending the indefensible. Yes, he probably didn’t intend to do it but for two virtually static, upright players to have contact between boot and face is ridiculous. Our left back could’ve lost an eye from that challenge and I bet he’s out with that injury for a while and then it’ll impact his confidence - a stupid, irresponsible challenge and no matter how sorry he was afterwards, there’s no place for that kind of thing in the game - a deserved red for me.

Absolutely a red. There are challenges which are total accidents even if the reusult in a horrific injury (that Everton player last season?) and there are challenges which are just downright assauts -think Keane on the Man city player or Ben Thatcher's elbow which actually deserve more than a three game ban.

But, for me, there are those challenges where, even though there's no intent per se, there's a reckless lack of care and you can look at what a player has done and say 'well what the fuck did you think would happen if you did that.

As you say, it was stupid and irresponsible but, also, careless in the truest sense of the word.

Yes, Thatcher on Nicky Summerbee - cowardly, weak, thug and equally McManaman on Haidara. The Roy Keane one was probably the worst of all and yet they still allow him to spout his incoherent shít on TV - the bloke who walked out on his own blôôdy nation FFS.

It was disgusting he knew Lewis was right behind him yet still did the acrobatics, he should get a 5 game ban for that just hope lewis is ok.

And before anyone from another club accuses me of bias, blinkered etc. I remember this and at the time thinking - Guthrie, you pathetic little coward; and you’re representing my club FFS...

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...-after-1474835

I thought this was going to be about Joelinton and scoring. But yes I saw that Bruce Lee **** he tried on Lewis eye.

def red all day long, stupid, reckless challenge with no regard for safety of Lewis, at least 3-5 game ban fully deserved imo. Intent not even an issue.

Absolute red.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)