+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: National League may delay start of season.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Dan Roan at the BBC is saying no fans in October for the leagues and elite.

He didnt say NL or NL north/south but I guess we wont start.

Expect the York game to now be BCD.
    This is what I'm struggling with. The NL and I think NLN & NLS are defined as 'Elite' by the relevant authorities, step 3 and below (or step 7 depending on who you listen to) classed as non-league. So with that in mind surely the NL + N & S should still start but behind closed doors?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    This is what I'm struggling with. The NL and I think NLN & NLS are defined as 'Elite' by the relevant authorities, step 3 and below (or step 7 depending on who you listen to) classed as non-league. So with that in mind surely the NL + N & S should still start but behind closed doors?
    Obviously the financial complications of clubs in the lower leagues playing without fans is unrealistic but surely now is the perfect time for one of the big media companies to come up with a streaming package and save the day, imagine the long term benefits to be gained from that once we finally get to grips with the virus.

The issue is we arent with the EFL now who do have some Sky tv money to share and they all have ifollow streaming.

NL have none of that and I may be wrong here but if you start the season then contracts have to be paid and no chance can most NL teams afford it.

I dont blame the NL here they were told from October fans could attend now this 10 days before the start.
    Last edited by legs77; 22-09-2020 at 08:25 AM.

One way would be to set up a national league iFollow. Could it be done in a week, probably not but there are off the shelf solutions that could be used to allow clubs to make money whilst not having fans in the ground

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    The issue is we arent with the EFL now we do have some Sky tv money to share and they all have ifollow streaming.

NL have none of that and I may be wrong here but if you start the season then contracts have to be paid and no chance can most NL teams afford it.

I dont blame the NL here they were told from October fans could attend now this 10 days before the start.
    I would imagine contracts are already being paid or there is some clause in them regarding payments due to the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    One way would be to set up a national league iFollow. Could it be done in a week, probably not but there are off the shelf solutions that could be used to allow clubs to make money whilst not having fans in the ground
    Someone like Sky or BT or maybe one of the big digital companies could do this easily and very quickly and I'm sure they already have the cash to do it. I suppose it depends what the take up will be. We were getting 2k following the game on saturday at Telford, I would expect a few more tonight but 3k might be our maximum and that would be more than most clubs at our level. I suppose we need to do the maths but £10 x 3k would probably cover Notts wages and costs for a game without stewards etc.

Gove has confirmed fans coming back is off/paused.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ_OTF View Post
    Gove has confirmed fans coming back is off/paused.
    Seems it applies to Non-League?

Ollie Bayliss
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    ·
    10h
    Replying to
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    Upwards arrowFor clarity, the story references the situation for the return of ‘elite sport’ (non-league Step 2 & above).

The situation for non-league fans at Step 3 & below is still not known.

Dan Roan
    @danroan
    ·
    1h
    Don’t think this is a short term ‘pause’ either. I’m hearing sports are to be asked by govt what impact will be of no fans for SEVERAL MONTHS.
    All signs are that action will continue behind closed doors well into next year. Prem League says £100m / month will be lost across game

Wakey wakey...

I would imagine all League and Non league clubs (Down to but including Nat league North/South) will play behind closed doors.

That's the way I read it anyway.

Ollie Bayliss
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    ·
    10h
    Replying to
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    Upwards arrowFor clarity, the story references the situation for the return of ‘elite sport’ (non-league Step 2 & above).

The situation for non-league fans at Step 3 & below is still not known.

Ollie Bayliss
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    “It is understood that sports are set to be told that fans will not allowed back from next month and that pilot events will be paused.”
    Last edited by countygump; 22-09-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast