+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: National League may delay start of season.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I would imagine all League and Non league clubs (Down to but including Nat league North/South) will play behind closed doors.

That's the way I read it anyway.

Ollie Bayliss
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    ·
    10h
    Replying to
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    Upwards arrowFor clarity, the story references the situation for the return of ‘elite sport’ (non-league Step 2 & above).

The situation for non-league fans at Step 3 & below is still not known.

Ollie Bayliss
    @Ollie_Bayliss
    “It is understood that sports are set to be told that fans will not allowed back from next month and that pilot events will be paused.”
    Exactly, but the NL league are still stating the season won't start without fans??

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Exactly, but the NL league are still stating the season won't start without fans??
    Yes.

I can see this season being postponed or being declared null and void before a ball is even kicked. Not sure what the knock on effects will have on the other leagues but this is disastrous news - if not entirely unexpected.

Someone like Sky or BT or maybe one of the big digital companies could do this easily and very quickly and I'm sure they already have the cash to do it. I suppose it depends what the take up will be. We were getting 2k following the game on saturday at Telford, I would expect a few more tonigh t but 3k might be our maximum and that would be more than most clubs at our level. I suppose we need to do the maths but £10 x 3k would probably cover Notts wages and costs for a game without stewards etc.
    Its the hosting and the billing. BT might be able to help but it would be the cost to the club's to use that infrastructure. It should be small fry to BT for the number, it's just the billing and will the club's see the money fast enough? It might be quicker for the national league to be allowed on iFollow?

So the Gov seem to be implying no fans but can play behind closed doors but NL don't want to start without fans.

National League to lobby clubs after latest measures outlined by the government today and then make a decision regarding the start of the season on Thursday. Remember when the closure to Clifton Bridge was the biggest news in Notts!

They've got to find a way to stream BCD games. I can't see any alternative. Technology is readily available, as CBP says it's the platform and billing.

Worst case scenario free streams on YouTube with account number and sort code for people to make a donation?

National League to lobby clubs after latest measures outlined by the government today and then make a decision regarding the start of the season on Thursday. Remember when the closure to Clifton Bridge was the biggest news in Notts!
    I'd assumed that would have been clear but a couple of weeks ago I had to go sath of the river and went Queens Drive. Rather than follow the diversion signs, not being sure where they'd take me (M! J25 maybe) I decided to do Trent Bridge and headed back for the Embankment - closed. Then took the bumpy route through the Medders. Jeez, I'm staying North in future.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    They've got to find a way to stream BCD games. I can't see any alternative. Technology is readily available, as CBP says it's the platform and billing.

Worst case scenario free streams on YouTube with account number and sort code for people to make a donation?
    Or, free stream of all matches with every S/T purchased?

Sign in on Official site to view?

This is difficult. I can do things like go to the gym, and sit in a busy pub, which *feel* much less safe than what sitting in a 3 quarters empty football stadium would be. I’ve no idea what the actual evidence says

If long established clubs go to the wall because of all this it would be an absolute tragedy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast