+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bringing Supporters back to Oakwell .....

Bringing Supporters back to Oakwell .....

Bringing Supporters back to Oakwell: Latest

BFCST, along with around 10 other supporter groups, attended an online fan engagement forum this evening which concentrated only on what the club has been working on to welcome fans back to Oakwell.

Firstly, and important to note, is that it was obvious that 100′s of hours of work have gone into what is a pretty complicated and complex set of requirements/problems to solve – with the safety of Barnsley supporters the paramount objective.

Everything mentioned here is subject to change based on government guidance and what is learnt from the trial games. Meaning nothing is set in stone and this is only a guide to current thinking.

Headlines

The club had hoped that 40% of stadium capacity could be achieved based on initial guidance, which should have meant all our 7,500 season ticket holders could have been welcomed back to Oakwell
    This is now based on available space in the concourse
    As a result, 3,769 is the current total capacity of Oakwell
    North stand with a capacity of 6,100 can hold 1,015
    East Stand upper will house 342 supporters
    The plan is to ask season ticket holders to form one-time bubbles of up to 6 people they come to the match with. Fans will have to do this in the online ticketing system.
    A ballot will be run for each match via Ticketmaster
    Those not successful in a ballot will get access to the next game
    The club are working on 30% of season ticket holders not wanting to come back (this number is based on trials so far). Meaning c.1,500 will unfortunately not get in to the first game
    A test and then pilot will be required first
    Working towards our Oct 17th fixture vs. Bristol City for the 3,769 attendees – but this may change
    Only digital tickets will be issued (Apple Wallet/PDF/Mobile). There will be no physical tickets
    Awaiting guidance on those without mobile phones
    No streaming codes will be provided for those with access to the game
    Club are hoping to start the process of getting bubbles set up towards the end of the week.
    Stadium Changes

Increases signage (and lots of it)
    Looking at potential one-way systems
    Improved hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser stations
    Outdoor portaloos as many of the concourse toilets will not be in use
    No refreshments on concourses
    Possibility of outdoor refreshments
    Plans to make use of outside spaces to the best of club’s ability
    Concourses will become corridors to get to your seat
    Supporters will be encouraged to wear face masks
    Awaiting guidance on wearing them in your seat during the game
    A code of conduct will be launched as part of the bubble process.
    Seating Plan

2m away from the closest bubble in all directions
    Alternate rows will be used
    Supporters will not be sat by their season ticket and may not even sit in the relevant stand
    Your allocated ticket will guarantee you entry somewhere in Oakwell
    Seat allocations must be strictly adhered to and will be enforced
    Transport

Unsure about the requirement for arrival/exit time
    South Stand carpark will be open

Fan Experience

Will try their best to make it an enjoyable experience
    Working through options to enhance the experience

Refreshments

Possibility these will be available outside the stadium
    None in some areas e.g. East Stand Upper.

I wonder if they'll find 3,769 mugs to watch their travelling circus.
    Bad PR going public with their intentions to rid the town of a football team.
    I'm nowhere near ready to go back.
    There was a time not so long ago that I'd watch every 'live' game on TV, watch Match of the Day, Goals on Sunday, Soccer AM - the lot.
    I can take it or leave it now.
    Man City & Liverpool games are pretty much guaranteed entertainment, but even they regularly get spoilt by VAR and ridiculous refereeing decisions.
    I think I'm cured.
    I'd maybe get rid of Sky Sports if not for golf, American football & cricket.
    Hallelujah.

Exactly Hodger , I was the same , not anymore , I hardly saw a ball kicked this last weekend , ( watched golf ) interest is waining fast , as for going back to games , I'm not ready , I'm also not really bothered ,

That odd character Gove said on wireless this morning that the pilot schemes for limited return of fans from October wo being "paused" because of the rising number of Covid cases. Not that adda gone anyway. A dunt want some oaf behind me sharting art and projecting clouds of droplets all ovva me. Jeff and/or iFollow for selected games is enough fo me.
    Can't see fans back until New Year, if that.

I got an email from BFC this morning , my 4 games owing from 2019/20 season are available up to and including season 21/22 , no mention of which grarnd they will be played at !!!

Can't believe that they have always kept supporters up to date with everything that's happening at the club 🤣😅

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Can't believe that they have always kept supporters up to date with everything that's happening at the club ����
    Tha reyt Dools , have we had a Statement from the Chein Gang yit abart their threat of relocating ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    That odd character Gove said on wireless this morning that the pilot schemes for limited return of fans from October wo being "paused" because of the rising number of Covid cases. Not that adda gone anyway. A dunt want some oaf behind me sharting art and projecting clouds of droplets all ovva me. Jeff and/or iFollow for selected games is enough fo me.
    Can't see fans back until New Year, if that.
    Odd lookin gadgy that Gove wunda warri charges to haunt an house !

Couldn't care less about watching them live anymore! Ifollow is all I do now and that's a dismal experience with no crowd, just need to find something else that I would enjoy, might try NFL?

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Couldn't care less about watching them live anymore! Ifollow is all I do now and that's a dismal experience with no crowd, just need to find something else that I would enjoy, might try NFL?
    Been watching my grandson on Sunday mornings with a crowd of about 15/20
    Social distancing easy
    Most enjoyable
    Wouldn't watch NFL if they paid me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast